Watauga Wing Fling 2014

Post shoot results!
Spy100

Watauga Wing Fling 2014

Post by Spy100 »

Watauga Shoot Report
October 25, 2014
“2014 Wing Fling”
Where to start, let’s see was it the weather, or maybe the great turn out, or it might have been the promise of chicken wings at the end of the day. Whatever the reason we had a great time on top of the mountains Saturday shooting.
Yes this was the last ATA shoot for us and that means Mr John Waters was going to treat us to his famous Chicken Wings Dinner. O’ and don’t let me forget the great food put on by Carolyn.
Now for the shooting:
Big Jim left Jeri at home taken care of babies, and he rolled in an spanked the field and loaded his pocket with a roll that would choke a horse. Jim Wilson took Singles with a high score of 99 was looking straight right up to the last field and I think the next to last post. Not finished with singles he took Champ in Doubles with a score of 94. Will Price took Handicap with a 96 and collected a half yard punch. So that leaves HOA and Jim Wilson took that with a 287X300. One other note Fred Rutherford, and Ray Laughters rolled in for all the fun. And I believe that Ray Laughters shot his 100,000th single target today. WOW!!!
Now for the rest of us.
Singles:
No Shooters 35
Champion James Wilson
AA Class Steve Watson
A Class David Miller Shootoff 23X22 Tim Crabtree
B Class Joe Bouvrette
C Class Morgan Shaw
D Class Jerry Seaman
Lady Karole Miller
Sub Jr Tyler Ward
Jr Noah Gouge
Vet Richard Drake
Sr Vet Bill Howe

Handicap:
No Shooters 31
Champion Will Price
Long Yardage James Wilson
Mid Yardage Morgan Shaw
Short Yardage David Miller
Doubles:
No Shooters 22
Champion James Wilson
AA Class Steve Watson
A Class Richard Drake
B Class David Miller
C Class Randy Jones
D Class Karole Miller
HOA:
James Wilson 287X300
David Miller 282X300
Steve Watson 281X300
Thanks goes out to all the people that take the time out of their busy lives and comes out and works and helps put on these shoots.
MorgMeister

Re: Watauga Wing Fling 2014

Post by MorgMeister »

Sideline news on the shoot is Sub-Jr Tyler Ward. He shot a 95 in caps as well and was hanging in there for high gun until Will came in with a 96 for champ! And that was with a borrowed gun from an uncle because the rib fell off of his Winchester 101. I wonder if he returned that gun! Thank you everyone for your support this year!
Morg