Septmeber 15th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

Septmeber 15th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Monday morning and where was all that rain they called for this weekend. One shoot over the weekend and I know CupCake will post that sometime today. Also, Charlie Brown shoots this Sunday the 21st and the program is already up and posted. Other that that all eyes are focused on the 24th Annual NC HOF shoot at the Homegrounds.

No word on Jerry Ricker this week and I hope he is doing better. JC has been sick and made a trip to the doc for a look see and as of Sunday JC is back eating again and trying to get in shape for the HOF. He went out Tuesday to shoot and broke 94x100 shooting 50 singles and 50 caps. He has dropped down to 135 pounds and that is a little thin for his frame.

JC and Hunter Galloway knotted up for the 2013 Handicap Championship with Hunter nipping JC by one bird I think. The year that JC had his cataract surgeries he really doubted that his vision would be good enough to shoot like he used to. By the HOF that year he was shooting real good and wound up in a shootoff with Ohio shooter Bob Batke. JC and Bob had broken 96's and the shootoff resulted in JC winning the HOF Handicap title. I talked to Bob Saturday night and he has not shot in a year due to some equilibrium issues that keeps him close to home. Bob just turned 80 in March and he hopes the docs can get him out shooting real soon.

Charlie Brown shoots this Sunday and if you have never shot at this club you owe it to yourself to make a trip. Three traps and they throw a great target for sure with an air-conditioned clubhouse and a great sitting porch. I have a few good memories shooting down there and hope to get down there again sometime.

The 24th Annual NC Hall Of Fame shoot cranks up the 25th and runs through the 28th. Old Hickory Gun Club will throw on the feed bag Friday night and they cook some great BBQ with all of the fixins. You cannot miss that because they go way out of their way to accommodate the locals and the visiting competitors. Also, Hunter Galloway III will be inducted in the NCHOF and I hope the ceremony will be well attended. Every person inducted into the HOF represents a big portion of NC trapshooting history. The program has been posted and I hope you can join us at the NC Homegrounds.

I posted several weeks ago that Myrtle Grove had closed and there are not a lot of details about the closure. Pat Childers posted that the Wildlife Action Gun Club in Aynor SC will be hosting their BIG50 every Thursday at 10AM starting October 9th. Terry Lewis has been instrumental and getting this together and I know that the MG shooters will appreciate getting to keep their shooting skills sharp by shooting registered ATA targets. Hopefully I can get some pictures of this club real soon. I will post the info that Pat sent me in the out-of-state shooting info area.

That is about it for this week and I hope everybody has a great Monday. Going to be pretty busy for me considering I have to set up a body warn camera demo for our department. These units will be worn by our officers to capture video and audio from potentially dangerous situations and it has to be ready by Tuesday.......Have fun and hello to Scott in PA and Lou in FLA........and until next week.........................Smokem