September 29th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

September 29th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning and back to work for some of us anyway. Nice weekend in the mountains of North Carolina and almost perfect weather for shooting. Two shoots coming up this Saturday the 4th and the HOF 2014 is in the record books.

First I would like to say thanks for all the work from the NCTA and the HOF. Another well run shoot and the property is always improving every time you visit. Marty Hill did a great job and I know he would like to thank everybody for all their efforts. Also a BIG THANKS to the Old Hickory Rifle & Pistol Club for the great BBQ dinner on Friday night. I had one plate and then snuck back by for a BBQ samich........Thanks folks it is appreciated and I have pictures to prove it!

I have posted info for the winners starting on Thursday. I have picture slideshows for Friday through Sunday. Thursday Dennis Taylor broke the lone 100 in the singles, Marty Hill won the caps with a STRONG 98 and Dan Johnson won the doubles with a 96. Friday SC shooter and soon to be SC HOF inductee Kenny Inman won the doubles with a 95, Steve Watson won the singles with a 99 and can you believe it Smokem won the caps with the lone 96. Friday PA shooter Sheldon Hostetter won the singles outright with the lone 199 with George Brown and Trey Wilburn breaking 198's. Sunday Trey Wilburn won the doubles with a 99 and SC now GA shooter Preston Lunn won after two rounds with NC shooter Luke Brockman after they broke 96's.

Hunter Henderson Galloway III was inducted into the NC HOF Saturday night and the event was well attended. The meal was great and I was the fellow that introduced Hunter. It is always tough to be asked to figure out what to say when you introduce a person that has been shooting since 1962. I might have spoken for 5 minutes and then it was turned over to Hunter and he had about 5 pages of notes. He took time to thank numerous people throughout his shooting career and especially his family and his lovely wife. Every induction is always special and this induction ceremony was certainly one to remember.

OK - I called JC Nunn Sunday night and he is still having issues keeping food down. He is scheduled for a biopsy Tuesday and please pray that what they find is not malignant. 20 years ago JC had a cancer scare and he is still here today. I am concerned about him and thanks to all that signed his card and I will run it by his house today to get a look at the rascal. If you want to call him he lives on Hampshire Drive in Greensboro.

Rockingham and Durham County shoot this Saturday and hopefully programs will be posted for the events. I will be posting scores from Rockingham and hopefully I will get some scores from Durham County on Sunday. Both clubs will offer a typical 300 target program and hopefully the weather will hold up for this weekend.

Ok.....have a great week and hello to Scott up North and Lou down South........and until next week.........................................Smokem