January 19th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

January 19th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Hello to all and a pretty nice weekend for outdoor activities. One BIG 50 at LCP Wednesday and Gastonia shot Saturday. Hopefully I will have some score info to post sometime today. This week LCP shoots a BIG50 Wednesday and hosts their monthly shoot Saturday the 24th.

Jimmy Wilson sent out a flyer promoting a 75 Target Race this Sunday the 25th. 25 bucks and you shoot 25 birds from the 16 - 22 and 25 yard line. 10 bucks will be dropped into the pot for the Lewis Purse with 60/40 split for 5-15 entries and 50/30/20 for 16 plus entries. Registration begins at 10 and shooting starts at 11AM and a light lunch will be available. Event is open to the public so please attend if you can.

Florida Hall Of Fame was this weekend and it looks like Kay Ohye won the singles with a 199 and the HOA with a 382. Andrew Loitz won the doubles with a 96 and Stephen A. Zane Jr. won the caps with a 96. That was all in state winners and Lou Carter won the Resident Vet Handicap with a 94 got a yard punch to the 25.5......Great shooting Lou! Out Of State winners were Craig Gasparine singles with a 199, Roy Rathbun doubles with a 95, Robert Cooper handicap with a 96 and the Open HOA winner was Tate Hedrick with a 379 x 400.

The Dixie Grand cranks up in the morning and it is 61 degrees at 8PM on Sunday night in Port Charlotte Florida. Not sure who all is going to the Dixie and I will be keeping an eye on the score board if I have time during the week. If you have never been to the Silver Dollar Gun Club it is quite and experience. Beautiful gun club with some great background for sure. If you want to keep up with all the happenings you can visit http://www.rjstuart.com.......

Got to do a little sporting clay shooting Saturday with Chris and Scott Shoulars, Lewis Wyatt and Jeff Galloway. They had a pheasant hunt earlier in the day and I believe they released about 340 birds with about 270 heading home to the freezer or the fryer. The weather was great and we even got to see Shane Naylor and he was shooting a bit. These guys are pretty good shots and Chris managed to nip Lewis by 1 bird for top honors with Jeff coming in third and Scott and I bringing up the rear. We also ran into Crews Waldens son Charlie and he was out courting at the Sporting Clays Range.

Have a great week and maybe winter will return and kill some bugs......Hello to Hap, Scott and 25.5 yard line Lou and until next week..................................Smokem