March 2nd Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

March 2nd Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

What a week and I am looking forward to some warmer temps this week before another potential ice storm. Hopefully everyone reading this escaped losing power and trading paint on the roads. LCP cancelled their BIG50, moved their monthly Saturday shoot to Sunday and still had dreary conditions.

LCP will publish their results and I will get them mentioned sometime today. One shoot on tap for the weekend with Coharie Shooting League holding their first shoot of the 2015 season. Weather is looking real good for a great day of shooting in the coastal plain of NC. Mac does a great job with two traps and his wife always prepares a great lunch for all to enjoy. From what I hear Roger Bynum and Danny Lloyd will be there and who knows who else will sneak down to CSL.

I called my friend Bob Batke in Wooster Ohio Saturday and he stated that the snow was piled up 6-7 feet beside the roads and they were getting ready for another dump Sunday. Bob shot with us in NC and SC and he and JC knotted up for the HOF handicap back in I want to say 2006. Both tied with 96's and JC wound up coming out on top. Bob has been experiencing some equilibrium issues that are not related to vertigo. Hopefully they can get hi figured out so he can get back to shooting. He will turn 81 March 8th and that is the same day my mom celebrates her 76th.....

I called Roger "won the NC State Singles with a 200 and a Browning O/U" Bynum Saturday. He sounded good and is still battling the dreaded kidney stones God bless his heart. He mentioned that they got about 3" of the white stuff and he hoped to make it to CSL Saturday. Glad he is doing well and he mentioned that Billy Thigpen was on the mend and shooting again. That is some great news and Billy and Bill Howe will be back running the roads before too long.

I got an email that was sent by the NC Shooting Sports Games and they are looking for clubs to host their shotgun sporting events. These competitions can run concurrent to the ATA events and the BIG50 format might be the best way to hold the event. Clark Hardesty is hoping to add the shotgun sports and not sure what can be done to fulfill his wishes. I should have more details in the next week or so and will keep you posted.

I have a few great pictures on Facebook and I have a picture of the NC Homegrounds with trap 1 in the foreground and the mountain ridge in the background. Trap 1 is now the practice trap and this picture was taken before the 4 traps on the lower level were in operation. I got a lot of comments and likes when I bumped it up and even Dean Debow commented on the view.

The Dogwood program has been posted on NCTRAP.com and I have posted the link to the program on NCTrap...... Looks like the same format and I pray that good weather will prevail for the for day event. I think one of my Konne-Yaut friends is going to make the trip and I know he looking forward to shooting in NC.

Facebook is a great way to keep up with other shotgun shooting sports and the Nad Al Sheba Desert Shooting Competition just wound up and 5 USA shooters were in the top 7. Kolar shooter Derrick Mein took home $200,000 bucks for his 189, Bill McGuire took 2nd and $100K for his 181, Joey Bolton placed 3rd and pocketed $50K for his 179, Jon Kruger took 6th with a 174 and won $15K, Willy T. Ribbs III (son of the race car driver) won 8th and took home $10K for his 157. USA lady shooter Desirae Edmunds took 5th and $10k for her efforts. For more info and video from the event you can go to https://nadalshebawsc.ae for all of the info and video and pictures from the events.....PS --- this was sporting clays shot in a desert environment.........

20 days plus or minus to SPRING....allergies.....bugs.......flies.......suntan lotion......sweat......Gatorade.......state shoots......zone shoots.....local shoots........Jimmy Wilsons Carolina Blue snap crotch shooting shirt he was given at his HOF ceremony that he never wore.......good times! Have a great week everybody and hello to Hap, Scott and Lou and until next week Smokem....