March 23rd Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

March 23rd Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Greetings from Jamestown NC and I hope you enjoyed that beautiful weekend. One BIG50 at LCP and Buckhorn shot Sunday with scores for LCP and a brief overview from BCG. The Southern Grand is over and NC shooters did well at the Dollar.

LCP held their monthly BIG50 Wednesday and had 6 shooters. Mike Petrone had the high score with a 45, Terry Lewis had a 44 and Pat Childers had a 43. Harold Smith, Hart Stuehmer and the guest all broke 40's. LCP will shoot their BIG50 the 25th and their typical 100 target program this Saturday the 28th.

Fort Bragg will shoot this Saturday and will offer a typical 300 target program. Marty will have the program posted very soon!

The traveling man Steve Watson gave me the skinny about the Buckhorn shoot. Steve and BamBam rode down off the mountain with Pitts preoccupied and Shelley playing towel girl for the roller derby. Jimmy Wilson won the singles with a 99, Chase Walker got a 1/2 yard for his 92 and Steve Watson won the doubles with a 92 and HOA with a 277. BGC fielded 27 shooters on a beautiful Sunday for shooting.......I will get all the scores sometime today or Tuesday.

The Southern Grand is over and NC shooters won and won big. Junior shooter Noah Gouge won the Preliminary Handicap on Monday with a 98, Junior winner with a 93 in the Wednesday Preliminary handicap, Junior Runner-Up with a 97 in the Remington Nitro handicap, moved from the 21.5 to the 24 yard line. Great shooting Noah and thank Morg Shaw for keeping me filled in on your exploits.

Other winners included Jeff Galloway with a AA Runner-Up win in the Hardy Mussleman singles that was won in a carryover. Bob Schultz broke a 98 in doubles to win SubVet Runner-Up in the Doubles Class Championship. Robin Dallenbach won Lady 1 Runner-Up with a 96 in the handicap championship on Sunday. Gorgeous George Brown had a good weekend and nabbed the Class B Runner-Up HOA with a 376. Congrats to all of the NC shooters and great job to all! If I missed anyone or anything just let me know.

Major winners - Doubles Champ was Chistopher Vendel with a 100 - Singles Champ was Harlan Campbell with a 200 - Handicap Champ was Georgia Junior Gold shooter Preston Pastey Lunn with the lone 99. HAA Champ was Tank Lunsford with a 392 and the HOA Champ was Harlan Campbell with a 964.

All scores can be found by visiting http://www.rjstuart.com and the Florida State Shoot will crank up later in the week. One note on Handicap Champ Preston Lunn and what a great young man. I watched him shoot and compete at the South Carolina State Shoot over the last few years and he finally hit a big one this weekend. He has shot at the NC Homegrounds and has won in NC/SC/GA and now in Florida!

I noticed on Facebook that Billy Thigpen celebrated his 50,000th ATA Doubles target attainment at the Southern Grand American. This is great a so happy that Billy is back out doing what he loves to do. He has been on a long road to recovery and I think he shot the entire program except for a few events!

I spoke with my friend Hap that lives in Arizona and he told me about his 200 straight he broke at the Autumn Grand in Tuscon AZ late 2014. It was his first 200 lifetime and broke 24/24/25 to win Senior Vet over Robert Reis from North Dakota. Hap is no spring chicken but at 71 breaking a 200 straight is quite an accomplishment!

Have a great week everybody and hello to Hap, Scott and maybe Lou has some behind the scenes info from the SoGrand and until next week........................................Smokem.