April 20th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

April 20th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

It is that time of the year again and what a great time of the year it is. The weather was great Saturday and boy did the rains come in Sunday. No weekend shoots to report but one BIG50 shoot at Low Country Preserve on the 15th.

LCP held their weekly BIG50 shoot and the temps were in the high 60's. Rich Long broke a 48, Pat with a 46 and Bill Boston and Mike Petrone had 40's. One note and that is the monthly shoot for LCP has been cancelled since it was scheduled on the Dogwood weekend. If you would like to get on the mailing list for the newsletter you can email jchild@atmc.net.

The Dogwood cranks up Thursday at the NC Homegrounds and continues through Sunday. Weather is looking great for all four days and winds look minimal and that is a great thing. Looking back at 2014 John Miller won the Thursday singles with a 100, TN shooter Martin Burklow won the caps with a 97 and PA shooter Sheldon Hostetter won the doubles with a 96. Friday winners - Sheldon Hostetter broke a 97 to win the doubles, Gary Olson won the singles with carryovers with Neil Alexander and Jef Hafkemeyer with 100's, SC shooter Ed Clarke won the caps with a 96. Saturday Singles winner was Gary Olson with a shootoff with Jeff Galloway with 199's. Gary Olson won the Saturday handicap with a 97 and did it with a Remington 1100. Sunday Doubles was won by Jimmy Wilson with shootoffs with Richard Griffith - Greg High - Frank Ketron and Mark Isner forfeit - that all broke 96's. Last but not least the handicap was won by WV shooter Adam Cline with the lone 98.

I wish everyone the best and it looks like with me being on call and supporting the annual departments "Sniper Challenge" on Friday and Saturday I might not make it until Sunday. I am hoping to get folks to take pictures of the winner boards and will post that info as soon as I get it. Steve Watson has been good to get this info and if you could take pictures of folks or folks shooting you can email me at fcr7@yahoo.com.

Ok....have a great week and looks like a rainy start to the week. Hello to Hap, Scott is coming to the Dogwood and hello to Lou down in sunny Florida and until next week...................................................Smokem