July 27th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

July 27th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning and I hope you enjoyed the great weather weekend. LCP shot Wednesday and Watauga shot the 15th Annual Iron Man & Glenn Miller shoot Saturday and Sunday. This week LCP shoots their BIG50 Wednesday and Coharie and Rockingham shoot Saturday with Rockingham shooting their BIG50 Sunday.

LCP has a BIG50 report and it was penned by Pat Childers. We finished in a three way tie for top gun this week. George Bingham, Pat Childers and Harold Smith all finished with 48’s. Hank Cross was next with a 45. Great to have Hank back with us after a 10 month rehab following shoulder replacement surgery. Not bad to break a 24 out of the box on the first day back. Good shooting Hank. Third place was a tie also. Mike Petrone and Al Bost both posted 44’s to finish out the scoring. In case you are wondering, the conditions were like a bad sauna. Way too hot and humid. Be glad when September gets here and the heat subsides a little.

Watauga has a new IRON MAN winner and it is none other than the 2015 Southern Zone Handicap Champeen - Morgan "Morg" Shaw.He nipped Will Price by one bird for the impressive win! Sunday drug up the flatlanders with Jimmy "Mr. Perfect" Wilson winning the singles with a 100 straight, Trey Wilburn won the caps with a 95, Dan Johnson won the doubles with a 97 and Trey won the HOA with a 289. Saturday 24 shooters entered with 13 shooting the entire 500. Sunday 26 shooters stepped to the line with 6 shooting the entire Sat/Sun program. Scores and pictures have been posted thanks to Morg Shaw. Watauga shoots August 22nd so please make plans to attend now.

Coharie will host their monthly shoot Saturday and the weather looks good with temps in the high 80's. Always a good time at CSL and always a great lunch prepared by Mrs. Herring. Rockingham shoots Saturday and also holds their BIG50 Sunday with the weather looking hot both days with minimal precip.

Jeff Galloway went out west to compete in a fundraiser for Remington. I don't have a lot of details but Hunter said he did really well in the event they held on Friday. I should have more details soon and will make them available. He shot a 1100 Remington Sporter and have to leave the P Gun at home.

The Grand is going to crank up the 5 and run through the 15th. Sure would like to make it this year but with my 60th birthday and 30th wedding anniversary it might be hard to get out of town. Not sure of everyone that is going but I would like to wish them well and shoot good folks. I will try to keep up with all of the shooting but it can be tough at times.

Ok....that is about it for now and I hope everybody has a great week. Hello to Hap, Scott and Lou and until next week.............................Smokem