August 31st Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

August 31st Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

The weekend before Labor Day weekend and the weather was great for just about anything you would want to do. Not real sure who all was out shooting but if you like shooting the Buckhorn folks have a 3-day shoot coming up this weekend. And they count on your next years target totals to boot.

Morgan Shaw contacted me regarding the death of Bob Schultz's brother. I have no details and Bob was heading to New York to meet the family. Please keep his family in your prayers during this time.

Not a whole lot going on over the weekend but I am sure somebody was shooting somewhere. A couple of birthdays last week including Jeff Galloway turning 30 and George Sudderpath as JC would call him turning one year older. I had the pleasure of attending a little get together for Jeff and his WVA momma makes one heck of a good caramel cake. Hunter played a video of Jeff when he was 15 and I hope to get that posted on the website.

A brief look at the upcoming shoots in September are as follows - Buckhorn 5-7 --- Cohaire & Rockingham BIG50 12th --- Ft. Bragg 19th --- Hall Of Fame NC Homegrounds 24-27 --- LCP BIG50's on the 2nd,9th,16th,23rd and 30th. I have posted a link to the Hall Of Fame program courtesy of Terry Roush and http://www.nctrap.com.

Speaking of Terry Roush he will be the newest inductee into the North Carolina Hall Of Fame. Back when I wasn't shooting Terry and I were involved in some HAM radio activities and lo and behold I got back into shooting a few years later. His amateur call is W4TLR and my vanity callsign is NC4FR. Terry has been involved in trapshooting for many years and is well deserving of this honor. He has served as the NC Delegate for many years and also was the ATA President. Not sure who will be doing his induction speech but I am sure it will be interesting. I am working on a slideshow of pictures that I have captured of him since 2004... Not sure how many pictures I can dig up but I know it is more than 50. If you haven't sent in your request for the banquet please do so now. Also I believe that you can pre-squad for the HOF and you know the drill.

I was reading some info on the recent shoot at the Cardinal. A fellow was complaining about target setting and mentioned that management was either slow to reset targets if requested or refused to reset targets. Upon further reading it looks like the weather was really messing with the targets and others had no issues. On a good day a target should make it to the 50 yard stake but wind can really change where a target falls.

Not much more to offer this week and I am looking forward to the Labor Day Holiday weekend. He to Hap, Scott, Lou and Chase and until next week.....................................................................Smokem