October 5th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

October 5th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning and I hope your property is in order and not under water. Our friends to the South and folks on the coast have really been hit hard with all of this precip. All NC shoots were postponed and also the Hall Of Fame shoot in Spartanburg South Carolina. Jim Faber confirmed that they will proceed with the SC Hall Of Fame shoot unless another hurricane shows up.

LCP shot their BIG50 and I have their shoot report thanks to Pat Childers. Please make a NOTE....they will not shoot their BIG50 this Wednesday the 7th due to the trap being removed in case the water level in the lake overflowed into the trapfield area. Here is the shoot report......Thanks Pat------

We had a good turnout this week with 8 shooters competing. Conditions were good with no wind and temperatures in the low 80’s. Wayne Averill was Top Gun this week with a score of 47. Next up for second was Pat Childers and Harold Smith with 46’s. Mike Ciccolella finished fourth with a 45 followed by Mike Petrone with a 44. Terry Lewis broke 43 and Hewyard Lowry finished with 41. Paul Miraglia wrapped up the scoring with a 39.

Top Gun for the month honors goes to Harold Smith who broke 240 out of 250 targets for a 96.00% average for the month. Harold shot more targets than anyone else this month on his way to Top Gun for the month. That’s some great shooting! Pat Childers finished second with a 94.0% average for the month. Third goes to Wayne Averill with 93.3% followed by Mike Anselmo with 93.0%. Mike Petrone finished 5th with a 92.0% average. Next week we revert to the Fall/Winter start time of 1 p.m. for the Big 50.

Durham County and Rockingham cancelled shoots due to the weather issues that faced the state of North Carolina. Kim McKinney posted their cancellation and thanks for that. I have updated the shoot info for Rockingham this weekend with a typical 100/100/50 pair Saturday and the BIG50 fun shoot on Sunday. Please check the post for all info related to the events. National Trapshooting Day is this weekend and NTD pins will be given to all participants attending the shoots at the Rock.

Also, Coharie shoots this Saturday the 10th and I got the program posted for Mac due to some login issues I am trying to figure out. If you have tried to register and are having issues please email me at freddydacrusher@hotmail.com. Odd account requests have been showing up and I have had to delete some requests due to inappropriate login names. Mac always has a great lunch and ERAD and PATS make for some great scores at CSL.

Morgan Shaw made me aware that Worth Miller was in the hospital due to a fall before the Hall Of Fame shoot. He had some bleeding on the brain that led to a procedure and all was looking good until complications put him back into intensive care. Please pray for the family and hopefully he will be back out shooting soon.

I posted the info regarding the death of Pete McCall in the "Finished Careers" section of the website. I read a brief comment by Pete's son and he mentioned that they would be visiting the 2016 Kentucky State Shoot to spread some of his ashes on the hallowed grounds in Berea. I have scoured my pictures and have some good ones that I hope to post in the very near future. I remember Pete shooting doubles at the Homegrounds and his Kolar was just a doubling. He slid his old trusty SuperX out to finish the round. He will surely be missed by the trapshooting community.

I rode up to see Roger Shaffer Saturday amidst the win and the rain Saturday. When I entered his driveway I noticed that his camper was missing. Jake the dog greeted me and I drug out my project for Roger to work on. I popped the question and he offered me this story. He was all packed up for the Hall Of Fame shoot and got to the end of his driveway when he remembered he forgot something. He slowly backed up the driveway and the back right top corner of his camper encountered the overhang on his shop. It punctured his camper and of course the trip to the Home Grounds was over. He got it to the shop and hopefully he will have it back this week. I did get to play throw the ball with Jake and that dog is fast to have had two surgeries on his Achilles and a hip issue......Roger will probably show up to shoot at the Rock this weekend. If you need gunsmithing done Roger does a great job and can be reached at 336-613-6100.

Have a great week everybody and it looks like the weather is looking dry starting on Tuesday and the weather looks great for the weekend also. A big shout out to Hap in AZ, Scott in PA, Lou in FL and Chase in the TarHeel State and until next week.............................Smokem