September 21st Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

September 21st Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

I hope you are enjoying the weather in the state of North Carolina. This is the time of year for festivals and all types of outdoor activities. You just never know what kind of weather is just around the corner. One BIG50 last week and Ft. Bragg shot Saturday with a Bragg shoot report probably appearing sometime today.

I have the shoot report from LCP and thanks to Pat Childers for his excellent newsletters. I copied and pasted the info so here goes:
Pat Childers and Harold Smith shared Top Gun honors again this week at the Big 50 with each breaking 49. Second place was a three-way tie with Wayne Averill, Terry Lewis and Paul Miraglia all breaking 46’s. Conditions were outstanding. Little wind and temps around 80. What a pleasant change from the July and August heat. We will return to the 1 p.m. start time for the Big 50 beginning the first week in October. The next monthly registered trap shoot will be held this Saturday September 19th. Registration is at 9 AM and shooting starts at 10 AM. You must be an ATA member to participate. We will shoot 100 singles from the 16 yard line. After that we may shoot 100 handicap and/or 50 doubles if there are three shooters interested. New shooters can join the ATA that morning if they wish to participate.

The Hall Of Fame shoot starts Thursday at the North Carolina Homegrounds in Bostic NC. Terry Roush will be inducted into the HOF and it looks like Hunter Galloway and Ken Duncan will give his induction speech. Should be a great time had by all and I hope to see you there. I took a look back at 2014 to see who all shot well and it was a good shoot for some. Thursday Dennis Taylor won the singles with a 100, Marty Hill broke a 98 to win the caps and Dan Johnson won the caps with a 96. Friday Kenny Inman won the doubles with a 95, Steve Watson won the singles with a 99 and Freddy Redmon won the caps with a 96. Saturday Sheldon Hostetter won the singles with a 199. Sunday Trey Wilburn won the doubles with a 99 and Preston Lunn won the handicap with a 96. Charlie Brown won the in-state HAA with a 384 and Trey Wilburn won the open HAA with a 389. I will be posting scores when available and pictures from the event. Mash on this link for all the scores from the 2014 HOF....http://nctrap.com/hof2014.pdf

I posted several weeks ago that Jeff Galloway got to travel to Kansas to shoot in a shooting industry masters tournament. He represented Remington and all kinds of shooters from different vendors participated in the event. Jeff sent me the clip and I hope you enjoy it. If Jeff looks a little strange in the portion he appears in he said it was so hot he was about to pass out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdf1BNO5Vi8

The Watauga boys are all geared up for the HOF but nobody has heard from BamBam. Shelley went on a dove hunt that was a bust but as Pitts commented heck I have seen the boy shoot trap. Morg has got his hunter safety kids practicing and one of his guys Brian Kellner broke his 1st 50 straight. Morg also got him a backup Winchester Super X to compliment the gun he won at the Grand with. Pitts has gas and it isn't anything he ate according to Morg with Pitts sporting a Fabarm gas gun that was purchased from John Waters. Shelley said that Pitts kayak fishing had abruptly come to an end because if he gets in his kayak he cant get out of the boat. I didn't realize that Shelley was a dancer and from the link I am going to share with you the verdict is still out on Tom's dancing ability. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41dLp_c ... detailpage

Ok.......that is about it for now and hopefully you will have a great week and for those of you going to the HOF I hope to see you there Lord willing. Hello to Hap, Scott, Lou and Chase and until next week................................................Smokem