Subject: Chili Cookers! OT/ and it's not Politics!
Date: Thu, Oct 23, 2008 - 11:06 PM ET
• 1 pound diced pork butt
• 1 ½ pounds coarse ground beef chuck
• 1 finely chopped onion
• 3 finely chopped garlic cloves
• 2 piece of bacon cut crosswise into pieces •2 cans of pinto or red kidney beans
• 1 ½ teaspoons of dried crushed oregano
• 1 ½ teaspoons of paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon of fresh ground pepper
• 3 cups of water or 2 cans of beer
• Coarse salt • 1 ½ teaspoons cumin • 2 tablespoons of chili powder •2 cans of pinto or red kidney beans • 3/4 cup of Monterey Jack Cheese or cheddar (shredded)
Directions Begin by cooking the bacon in a chili pot over medium heat until browning happens, add the beef and pork, cook until the meat starts to brown. Begin to add the onion, garlic, paprika, pepper, oregano, cumin, beans and salt into the chili pot. Stir this mixture occasionally for about 10-15 minutes. It is good to mash up the beans a bit. Begin to reduce the heat and keep stirring until the chili become thick. If you find that your chili is a bit dry you can add water to make it most again as well as many spices to jazz it up! Start serving your winter chili and dress up each bowl with some cheddar cheese.
Post Your Recipes Here
1 post • Page 1 of 1