Spring Grand 2011 Status

Post Your Pix Or Talk About Your Travels
jcallan

Spring Grand 2011 Status

Post by jcallan »

Fred this is from my phone so please forgive. Mon singles Addison 98 Jim 93. Addison tied for RU point but lost crry over to 100 straight. Our handicaps were dreadful. Tues Singles Addison 98 Jim 96. Addison in carry over until Thur for RU. Hdcp still dreadful. Wed Addison wins doubles with 94 Jim 86. Jim has flu and pulled out of hdcp today. Adison shoots an squad 105. Our friends from WY are here but Nate and his dad have not shown up yet. Huge shoot over 500 entiees in hdcp today. 477 doubles.

All the best. Root for NC
jcallan

RE: Spring Grand 2011 Status

Post by jcallan »

Today (Thursday) Addison started our singles squad out by dropping the first bird and then running the rest for a 99. I believe that they euphamistically call this a Turkey. He is currently in a 4 way tie for the singles event and in a double carry over for RU All American Points for two days worth of singles events. Dad squeaked by with a 95 and was happy with that given how I am feeling. It is really rotten being ill around such nice weather and great shooters.

Doubles started with a ton of wind, 15mph when it was dying down. Ian Recla popped a 90 and Addison and 2 other SJs are tied for RU points with 89s. Dad died on the line and had to be carried off shamefully with a 71.

More later
jcallan

Post by jcallan »

Friday we had a bad start. We were squad 49 so we arrived to be second or third squad out only to find our squad shooting two men short. We joined our squad on the second bank of 50 and 12 shots in my gun froze up in a closed state with a broken level. Off Jim goes to find a gunsmith whilst Addison continues with the squad. Two hours later and a ruling from a nice ATA VP and I reequaded to the last squad to make up my first 50 and then back to the practice trap to make up the missing 38. I was happy to get out with a 83. With all the bumpy start to the day Addison pulled off an 89 from his makeup and was happy to have received a thumbs up from Harlan who had walked over to check out one of his students. The score was only good for 4th and we did not expect that in the wind..

We were on a very late hdcp round and the wind was very strong. Addison found 87 in the high wind where I could only down 74 in the pesky targets.

This morning we were first squad out for the championship event and Addison dropped 5 of 150. Jim dropped 9. Addison is currently in for runner up but tons of squads still need to shoot.

Send from phone...
jcallan

Post by jcallan »

Saturday ended with Addison receiving the Singles Championship Runner Up trophy. Forecast looked very bleak for Sunday and we were originally squaded on 158, so I changed us to squad 16. By the afternoon a Winter Storm Warning had been issued for Tucson. At 3AM I looked out the window and the snow was coming down pretty well. At 5AM there was about a 1 inch accummulation on the cars and the wind was swirling the slushy snow around. This was looking like a bad idea to squad us early.

We hit the gun club about 7:10AM and the snow had stopped but it was a bit overcast. The snow topped mountains (hills, mesas, etc) created some weird lighting effects on the birds, so both Addison and I switched to Purple rather than his Orange and my Red lenses. We ended up second sqaud out behind sqaud 5. I started strong with two posts (20 birds straight and then started falling apart). By the last post I realized what was happening because with the first shot on the last post the gun did not fire. Switching to the top barrel I missed the shot. On the next shot I got a FF and decided to make up the round and headed for the gunsmith again. Today it was the lower hammer that broke. Someone upstairs is telling me that I definitely need to replace my gun. Addison, trooper that he is, led the squad and finished strong with a 93 whilst I was leaving more cash with a gunsmith.

I made up the 8 remaining at a practice trap and did not drop any and then had to wait for squad 132 to make up the remaining 50. Dropped 9 and ended up with an 86. Addison is looking good for Handicap Championship Sub Jr Runner Up and at this junction with several squads still shooting to be tied for Sub Jr. HAA, which will mean a very interesting shoot-off later today with Andrew Narvick.

Keep rooting for NC.
jcallan

Post by jcallan »

After two full HAA shoot-offs this evening Addison took HAA Sub Jr for the Spring Grand 2011 by one bird in 80. Hurray for NC.
smokem

Great News

Post by smokem »

Thanks for the updates and hopefully there will be more info forthcoming..

Great shooting Addison..... :D

FR