Buckhorn 10/21/2018

Post shoot results!
straightaway

Buckhorn 10/21/2018

Post by straightaway »

Breezy and chilly conditions challenged the shooters today at BGC. Saw 41* for the outside temp as Ms. Mary and I rolled into the club this morning. On the way up we saw several trees that had been blown down by the recent storms and a couple of dwellings that had received some damage.

Fortunately, the club was spared and the shoot ran as smooth as always. The Faithful were on hand as usual. Ms. Karole aka "I got it, I got it, I got it" provided some delicious cake like concoction to up your sugar level. We had some just right, hit the spot chili for lunch along with cornbread and other fixins.

Larry High came up to visit. Charlie Brown and Caroline drove over to sit on the couch and have lunch. Marty and Sam showed and Sam had all he could do to keep up with a little girl that just wanted to pet the kitty kat...........

And OH YEAH, everyone and I mean EVERYONE, be on the lookout. Taylor Horner is officially driving now. We're trying to figure out the best place to be, ahead of, behind, or somewhere else.

Speaking of Marty, he has a Vet appointment the first of the week. I think he's gonna get fixed. He claims he'll be on hand at Old Hickory Rocky Mount next weekend so don't be surprised if his voice is an octave or two higher. Just sayin.

There were 23 shooters for singles, 18 for handicap and 17 for doubles. The majority were young uns with some of them signing up with ATA for the very first time.

Singles
Champ - Caleb Mathis 99 (atta boy)
A - Walter Mabe
B - Ed Rabenda 89
C - Bill Dudley 90
D - Patrick Forrest 74
Lady - Taylor Horner 85
S Jr - Owen Patterson 83
Jr - Ean Wagoner 89
Jr Gold - Zoe Staley 87
Sr Vet - Glenn Alford 84
Sub Vet - Eric Sherer 71

Caps
Champ - Ed Rabenda 93 (+.5 yd)
Short - Daniel Emory 92
Mid - Glenn Alford 79
Lady - Taylor Horner 79
S Jr - Patrick Forrest 72
Jr - Cooper Pennington 89
Jr Gold - Trevor Fleck 80
Sr Vet - Richard Drake 87
Sub Vet - Eric Sherer 82

Doubles
Champ - Jonathan Rogers 87
A - Walter Mabe 82
B - Trevor Fleck 79
C - Caleb Mathis 77
D - Joe Nalley 77
Lady - Taylor Horner 70
S Jr - Patrick Forrest 64
Jr - Ean Wagoner 81
Sr Vet - Richard Drake 84
Sub Vet - Eric Sherer 62

Thank You to all that volunteer and to all that come out to play. This is truly a sport for a lifetime and it's great to see the young shooters and the tremendous support they get from the Moms, Dads, Grandparents and siblings.

That is that. See you next time wherever it is. Travel Safe, Dan