Buckhorn 5/22/2016

Post shoot results!
straightaway

Buckhorn 5/22/2016

Post by straightaway »

Another breezy day shooting in NC. It DID sprinkle a little bit on the first wave of singles then only threatened the remainder of the day. From my perspective, the best part of the day was lunch. Kupcake prepared pork tenderloin with all the trimmings and Kevin provided an outstanding blueberry pie. Thanks Kevin, I got that slab you left for me!

From John Miller's perspective it was a great day. He managed the high score in all three events. GOOD SHOOTING John! We were up slightly over Saturday with 22 for singles,15 for handicap and a dozen for doubles.

Marty brought his kitty kat (Radar) to the club much to the entertainment of many. Granny Jeri reportedly landed safely at RDU and should be rubbing Pebble's belly about now. Many were overheard making plans for the upcoming State Shoot and there was the usual good natured poking going on - remember, it's only fun until someone is bleeding.......

To the scores

Singles
Champ - Tim Crabtree (won flip) 98
AA - John Miller (lost flip) 98
A - John Martin 97
B - Marty Hill 93
C - Andrew Carroll 95
D - Glenn Alford 95
Sr Vet - Charlie Brown 94
Vet - William Banks 85

Handicap
Champ - John Miller 93 (punch to the 18.5, he's starting over)
Short - Perry Kemp 92
Mid - Rance Boyd 90
Inter - Robert M Hill Jr 88
Long - James Wilson 88
Sr Vet - Glenn Alford 89

Doubles
Champ - John Miller 96
AA - James Wilson 93
A - JD Goodwin 91
B - Rance Boyd 85
C - Chris Powell 86
D - Bobby Hill (Hank and Peggy's boy) 88
Sr Vet 91

HOA John Miller 287

Once again the faithful provided ground support for the day, enabling all to enjoy the day as much as possible. Couple of shoots next weekend with Watauga and DCWC shooting, get on out there and burn some powder supporting our local clubs, they're the backbone of our sport.

See you next time wherever it is. Shoot well and be safe! Dan