Karole Miller Birthday Bash 7/2/2016 and 7/3/2016

Post shoot results!
straightaway

Karole Miller Birthday Bash 7/2/2016 and 7/3/2016

Post by straightaway »

I was not in attendance for the great food and green targets and I'm really sorry that I missed it. I was at the VA state shoot getting my butt whipped the whole time. Charlie Brown, Marty and I did figure out that we should have stayed home and enjoyed the festivities, might not have shot any better, but, it would have been much better eating and a shorter drive home......

Oh, we weren't completely left out, the birthday babe sent pictures of, 4 different kinds of ice cream, pies, cup cakes, watermelon and strawberries dipped in chocolate, along with a great picture of those beautiful lime green targets, more on that later.

Dunno about the weather Saturday, but, it looks like a good crowd came out to shoot, eat and wish 'ol Kupcake a HBD! 30 singles shooters, 20 for handicap and 11 for doubles.

By the looks of it there were several ties and I can just imagine how those......tutu wearing......people...... settled it.......

Singles
Champ - John (Mr. Kupcake) Miller 98
AA - James R Wilson 98
A - Tim Crabtree 98
B - Gail Page 97
C - Joany Barnett 90
D - Kai Li 93
SV - George Brown 93
Vet - Brad Barnett 98
Lady - Karole Miller 91

Handicap (It looks like there were several got a new hole in their card)
Champ - Bill Dudley 91
Short - Chris Powell 91
Mid - Glenn Alford 87
Inter - Tim Crabtree 91
Long - James R Wilson 88
SV - George Brown 81
Vet - Richard Drake 86
Lady - Karole Miller 78

Doubles
Champ - John (Mr. Kupcake) Miller 97 (the man's on fire.....)
AA - James R Wilson 90
A - George Sudderth 88
B - Eric Sherer 70 (first registered doubles I believe!)
C - Chris Powell 89
D - Jeff Abarbanell 61
SV - George Ponton 83
Vet - Brad Barnett 88

HOA - John Miller (you know, Kupcake's husband)

Sunday doesn't appear to have been as well attended. Probably afraid that the food was all gone....... 13 had at it in singles, 10 for handicap and nobody shot doubles. Hmmmm.

Singles
Champ - Glenn Alford 98
A - Jeff Abarbanell 93
B - Yi Wen Chen 96
C - Curtis Odem 85
D - Ann Morgan 82
SV - Manny Rojas 82
Vet - Chuck Woody 84
Lady - Gail Page 94

Handicap
Champ - Yi Wen Chen 90
Short - Curtis Odem 89
Mid - Chris Powell 90
Inter - Karole Miller 72
Long - John Miller 89
SV - Glenn Alford 89
Lady - Ann Morgan 84

HAA - Glenn Alford

Now, back to the green targets. Let your opinion be known, did you like them? No? Would they have been better with a black ring or dome? Inquiring minds want to know!
I'm sure the faithful were in attendance and came through as always. It's nice to know that there are still people around that we can count on and few can compare the hard working folks behind the scenes in NC.
The Southern Zone is right on top of us. Hope to see you there!
Shoot well, travel Safe and we'll see you next time wherever it is! Dan
straightaway

Re: Karole Miller Birthday Bash 7/2/2016 and 7/3/2016

Post by straightaway »

It was brought to attention that a very important detail was left out of the report.

George Sudderth registered his 75,000 singles target on Saturday. That is quite an accomplishment by any standard. Buckhorn is thrilled you chose to reach this milestone there.

Congratulations George and here's hoping you do another 75K!

Dan