LCP Scores From 8/17-9/17-9/21-9/28-10/5

Post shoot results!
smokem

LCP Scores From 8/17-9/17-9/21-9/28-10/5

Post by smokem »

NOTE: Due to weather conditions from the hurricane, Pat will notify his mailing list Tuesday regarding the status of the trapfield. In times past the pond overflowed and shooting was postponed due to water. This pertains to the weekly BIG this Wednesday....

08/17/2016 Monthly 100 Trap Shoot

Someone was kind enough to bring it to my attention that I never reported the August monthly shoot results. So here goes. We had 10 shooters compete in some rather warm conditions. New shooter David Barron was the Top Gun with a blistering 98 out of 100. Way to go! I suppose 100 straight is right around the corner if you can take out 98 as a relatively new shooter. Rich Long was runner up at 2 birds back with a 96. Fred Truelove is loving his new Beretta and finished third with a 92.A pair of 88’s followed shot by Bill Boston and Harold Smith. Pat Childers shot an 86 and Larry Dudley finished out the 80’s with an 82. Four people shot handicap following the singles. Larry Dudley finished first with a 78. He was followed by David Barron with a 76. Mike Anselmo shot a 73 for third place.

09/17/2016 Monthly 100 Trap Shoot

We had eight shooters this month for the Monthly 100 trap shoot at Low Country. The weather was much nicer and it was a welcome change from the heat. Unfortunately the improved conditions did not result in improved scores. Champion for the September shoot was Harold Smith with an 87. Mike Anselmo was runner up with an 86. David Barron and Pat Childers tied for third with 85’s. Fred Truelove was fourth breaking 82 and Larry Dudley smacked 80 to finish out the 80’s. Seven shooters shot handicap following the singles. David Barron shot the high score for caps with an 82. Fred Truelove was caps runner up with an 80 and Pat Childers came in third with 75.

09/21/2016 Big 50 Results

Only three shooters this week. The NC Hall of fame shoot in Bostic starts September 22nd and several of our regulars had already left for Bostic to compete. Harold Smith was Top Gun this week with a 46.

He was followed by Terry Lewis who carded a 43 and Mike Anselmo completed the shooting with a 41. I was not able to participate due to traveling to Bostic that day but I’m told the conditions were really nice and all enjoyed themselves.

09/28/2016 Big 50 Results

The NC Hall of Fame shoot is in the books now and we fielded 10 shooter for the Big 50 this week. While I’m on the NC HOF shoot, Larry Dudley shot a personal best 97 to take D class in the preliminary singles event and was promptly bumped up to C class for his efforts . Top Gun in this week’s Big 50 was David Barron with a 46. Harold Smith was one back at 45 and third went to Terry Lewis with a 44. Larry Dudley broke 43. Pat Childers and Fred Truelove hammered 40. We also had Mike Anselmo, Wayne Averill, Mike Petrone and Joe Rinaldi shoot with us this week.

10/05/2016 Big 50 Results

We had 10 shooters this week. Conditions were quite windy and the wind gusts were really ugly. Initially the trap machine was balking due to a lack of sun to the solar panel resulting in a weak battery, but we found a back-up battery and everything went smoothly after that. Top Gun this week was Pat Childers with a 44. David Barron was runner-up with a 42. Harold Smith came in third with a 40. Fred Truelove finished fourth with a 35. Wayne Averill, Jason Hall, Rob Jerome, Nate Lipsen, Mike Petrone and John Rahilly also shot with us this week.
Seven of us shot handicaps following the singles. David Barron produced the high score in caps with a 37. Pat Childers was second with a 35. Wayne Averill and Fred Truelove tied for third with 40’s. Rob Jerome, Nate Lipsen and John Rahilly also shot caps with us.
I’m sure all of you are aware of the impending arrival of Matthew. Club management removed the trap machine from the trap house Thursday in anticipation of some severe flooding over the weekend from the storm. Be sure to check your e-mail Tuesday evening to find out if we are able to shoot the Big 50 next Wednesday. I plan to send an e-mail out Tuesday advising the status of the shoot