Buckhorn Birthday Bash 2/19/2017

Post shoot results!
straightaway

Buckhorn Birthday Bash 2/19/2017

Post by straightaway »

We had a decent turnout for the Birthday shoot. Temperature made it into the 70s, unfortunately, so did the wind......Bluebird skies for most of the day with the notable exception of a brief period for the first squad of doubles when the sun went behind a cloud for a post or three. I was scoring and couldn't believe how small, fast and hard to see the WFs got immediately, it was just like throwing a switch.

James made it out to the club and manned his usual spot on the porch. He's carrying a pretty good scar on his knee, but he is recuperating nicely due to his physical therapist. Now we'll have to work on the mental end!

It was brought to my attention that I omitted a member of the February Birthday bunch when posing the event in the shoot date section, but, darned if I can now remember who it was. I guess that happens when you get older......

Fifteen singles shooters, 17 for handicap and 8 experienced the doubles. The scores pretty much reflect the windy conditions.

Gail and Gail Singles
Champ - Ed Rabenda 94
AA - Thomas Galloway Jr. 93
A - Daniel Emory 91
B - Robert M Hill Jr 93
C - Randy Jones 93
D - Curtis Odem 80
Sub Jr - Ean Wagoner 86
Sub Vet - (tie) Albert Bost Jr and Wayne Perry 91

Morris Carroll Handicap
Champ - Ron Costanzo 94 (+.5 yd)
Mid - Robert M Hill Jr 81
Intermediate - Tim Crabtree 84
Long - John Miller 89
Lady - Karole Miller 79
Sub Jr - Ean Wagoner 85
Sub Vet - Albert Bost 74
Vet - Ed Rabenda 86
Sr Vet - Lewis Wyatt 79

Jim and Dan Doubles
Champ - Robert M Hill Jr 86
AA - Thomas Galloway Jr 84
B - Karole Miller 85
C - Randy Jones 79
D - Lewis Wyatt - 71
Vet - Ed Rabenda NSR

HOA - Robert M Hill Jr

The Faithful were out in force and all three events ran smoothly and we were wrapping things up shortly after 2:00. Randy Jones commented that he might even make it home in the daylight!

The shoot calendar looks like it filling up. Please support the small clubs as much as you're able, they're the backbone of our organization.

Shoot well and Travel Safe. See you next time wherever it is. Dan