LCP BIG50 7/19/2017

Post shoot results!
smokem

LCP BIG50 7/19/2017

Post by smokem »

07/19/17 Big 50 Results

Big Surprise! Another hot one, 99 degrees and a heat index of 106. Ouch! No clouds and practically no wind. We had 14 shooters this week and I think we all lost weight by the time we were finished. Top Gun in singles was a tie with Pat Childers and Rich Long both breaking 44. Terry Lewis and Harold Smith shared second with a pair of 42’s. Third was another tie when Fred Barnett and Michael Kato both smoked 41. Wayne Averill and Kevin Bakley each powdered 40 to finish out the 40’s. Good shooting by all given the conditions.

Eight of us shot handicap after the singles and it was brutal. Michael Kato and Rich Long tied for first place in caps with a pair of 41’s. Pat Childers was second with a 40 and third went to Kevin Bakley who finished with a 33.
smokem

Re: LCP BIG50 7/19/2017

Post by smokem »

A few important points to cover:

We have three of our regular shooters on the mend after incidents last week.
•David Barron was diagnosed last Wednesday evening(7/12/17) with a serious blood infection and 10 days later is still in the Novant Hospital in Florence, SC. He is on the mend but will be out of work for 8-10 weeks after returning home. We are collecting donations to help David and his family out while he is unable to work. Those who know David and want to help can contribute at the club or contact Harold Smith at 843-390-1225. Many thanks to all who donated this week at our Big 50.
•Last Monday(7/10/17) Larry Dudley had a mild stroke. He is doing good with no issues following the stroke and was able to shoot with us this week.
•John Lowder was involved in a head-on collision last week that totaled his vehicle. He was banged up but hopefully will be back shooting with us real soon.
•Please keep these three in your prayers for a speed recovery.

The next newsletter will not be published until August 18th due to a holiday my wife and I are taking in the UK and Ireland. I will have a Guinness or 2 for all of you.Rolling on the floor laughing

The Big 50 every Wednesday will go on in my absence. Harold Smith will manage and Paul Miraglia or Charley Bertrand will collect the fees.

Shoot well and often,

Pat