Buckhorn Birthday Bash 2/18/2018

Post shoot results!
straightaway

Buckhorn Birthday Bash 2/18/2018

Post by straightaway »

The 2018 Birthday Shoot was well attended at Buckhorn today. Conditions were almost ideal, somewhat chilly for the shooters that shot singles, warmed up to T shirt temps (low 60s) for the caps and doubles. The wind showed it's teeth today and kept the scores on the low side, but, in the end, it's all about the fun. There was a lot of uhhh, good natured banter and running commentary going on on the line.

Morris Carroll, James Wilson, Gail Page, Gail Kanas and I are all now a year older, well, Jimmy's is the 21st, details ya know. He'd give me a ration of "stuff" if that wasn't mentioned. Speaking of James, his recuperation appears to be coming well. He actually acts like he's following doctor and therapist directions. Hmmmm, old dogs, new tricks........

President Hill was in attendance today showing off pictures of his new kid "Sam". Looks to me like an average housecat, Marty says it's a long haired Chihuahua, we'll see.....

Buncha Boonies were on hand and yes Randy was in his normal attire wearing shorts with legs the color of a minnow's belly hanging out all over the place. It was good to see Will Price, the Dancy's and Morgan as well.

Darvin had the day off so he and Donna came out to play. He mentioned that he's been playing in the mud. A lot. with all the wet weather lately.

Morgan took another test drive with Jeri's Kolar. If he doesn't buy it soon I'm betting it'll go on the open market and he'll regret it........

Let's see who else. oh yeah. Tom Pitts signed out sweetie for another "work release" weekend. Grapevine says it was his mom's birthday so we'll give him a pass for today. Also mentioned was he had to treat Shelley and company to dinner due to losing their race pool, again....

The Millers are well, Karole provided plenty of cupcakes. I managed to snag a couple of the double/triple chocolate delights this time! They went well with the cold cut and baked bean lunch.

The Faithful were on hand as usual making everything run as smooth as clockwork and we had people on the road home at 3:00.

Enough rambling.

Singles- 20 shooters
Champ - Morgan Shaw 98
AA Darvin Cornett 94
A Karole Miller 90
B Joe Nalley 87
C Eric Sherer 89
D Donna Cornett 86
Sub Jr Caleb Dancy 88
Sr Vet Glenn Alford 88
Vet Steve Morgan 88

Caps - 17 shooters
Champ - Eric Sherer (+.5 yd to 18.5) 87
Short Jason Dancy 86
Mid Glenn Alford 82
Inter Morgan Shaw 82
Long John Miller 87
Lady Donna Cornett 79
Sub Jr Charles Pennington 79
Vet Curtis Odem 82

Doubles - 14 shooters
Champ - Morgan Shaw 93
AA Dan Johnson 85
A Darvin Cornett 77
B Marty Hill 83
C Randy Jones 83
D Glenn Alford 85
Lady Karole Miller 79
Sub Jr Caleb Dancy 91

HOA Morgan Shaw

That is that! A great time was had by all. Please take care and we'll see you next time wherever it is! Dan
smokem

Re: Buckhorn Birthday Bash 2/18/2018

Post by smokem »

Buckhorn Open for Business – Till 4

Singles Winners

Singles Scores

Handicap Scores

Doubles Scores

Randy Boone Jones – 90,000 Doubles Targets – Only 10K To Go

Mash on the link below for more pictures provided by Morg Shaw….Thanks Morg
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/smokem/ ... 018?sort=2