Buckhorn Toys for Tots 11/11/2018

Post shoot results!
straightaway

Buckhorn Toys for Tots 11/11/2018

Post by straightaway »

It was a little on the chilly and brisk side with the "cool" temperatures and at times stiff breeze, but that didn't stop a whole pile of loonies.........er......shooters from stepping to the line and pounding targets into dust.

This was one of the best attended shoots I've seen at a local shoot in a while. 39 shot singles, 35 shot caps and 23 had at them two-at-a-time. It put me in mind of a few years ago with cars and trucks all over the place, all four traps in use and the faithful out in force to make sure that everyone had as good of an experience as was legal. If you do the math, that was 8 squads of singles, 9 caps squads (yardage differences) and 5 squads of doubles. With that, the last pair of doubles was shot at and broken at 4:01. That's turning it around and rolling right there!

As always, the food was great, burgers and dogs with the proceeds going to the kids. Daddy Doug manned the grill and turned out a couple hundred of each. That along with the "fixins" made a fine prelude to the caramel and nut mound of delicious that Karole created. As I didn't shoot there was no worry about getting sugared up so we had a big boy size helping of the goodies.......

Let's see what happened

Singles
Champ - Morgan Shaw 95
AA - Caleb Mathis 90
A - Daniel Tollison Sr 94
B - Will Price 95
C - Cooper Pennington 90
D - Nathan McCoy 83
Lady - Taylor Horner 81
Sr Vet - Richard Drake 95
Sub Vet - Ron Costanzo 92
Jr - Ben Snell 92
Sub Jr - Daniel Tollison Jr 91
Jr Gold - Trevor Fleck 94

Caps
Champ - Caleb Mathis 97 (not on the 19.5 any more......)
Short - Will Price 93
Mid - Jason Dancy 84
Inter - Morgan Shaw 81
Lady - Taylor Horner 88
Sr Vet - Richard Drake 85
Jr - Ean Wagoner 89
Sub Jr - Daniell Tollison 86

Doubles
Champ - Jonathan Rogers 88
AA - Morgan Shaw 85
B - John Waters 77
C - Randy Jones 81
D - Cooper Pennington 79
Lady - Taylor Horner 83
Sr Vet - Richard Drake 80
Jr - Caleb Mathis 78
Sub Jr - Caleb Dancy 87

HOA - Will Price (268) ATTA BOY!

I hope I ciphered this out correctly,

THANK YOU to all that participated and brought toys for those less fortunate. There is nothing quite like the smile and pure joy of a child unwrapping a gift at Christmas and YOU contributed to that.

Travel Safe and we'll see you next time wherever it is! Dan