Buckhorn April 14, 2019

Post shoot results!
straightaway

Buckhorn April 14, 2019

Post by straightaway »

Whew! Got that one in right under the wire! The weather man got one right for a change - forecast cloudy with the rain to start 3:00ish Sunday afternoon. The last pair of doubles was broken at 2:10 and the rain was washing the pollen off the vehicles in the parking lot at 2:30.........

Karole got her new barrels back Friday. They appear to work just fine as she had no problems to speak of. We're glad of that because it helps keep the cupcakes coming, they were exceptionally good today. Went right along with the cold cuts and baked beans we had for lunch.

Here's a heads up for anybody that comes to BGC. Help is ALWAYS appreciated with one little chore that will get your ash chewed on - don't stock the drinks in the fridge. That is the sole territory of Ms. Jeri and I'm here to tell you, you put just one little thing in the wrong place and you get thumped on like the proverbial red headed step child......sheesh. I won't do that again!

There was discussion at the end about which squad had the most fun with Marty, Greg, Ray and Jeff Abracadabra saying they did. Well John, Karole, Charlie Brown and I had to disagree with them. I'm telling ya, it's like herding cats or trying to keep bullfrogs from jumping out of a wheelbarrow....if "stuff" can happen, it will happen with us. John got all the bad targets for all three events, Darvin got hung up having sympathy for Charlie. With all that, they were doing there best to distract Ms. Cupcake and I. Wouldn't trade it for the world.

Good crowd for the conditions. 19 singles shooters, 16 for caps and 13 for doubles. Good scores in all events and "Super Cooper" Pennington is now a 21 yard resident.

Let's see what happened

Singles
Champ- Dan Johnson 99
AA- John Miller 97
A - Winky Mabe 93
B - Robert Hill 93
D - Mark Rogers 89
Lady - Karole Miller 95
SVet - Greg High 93
Vet - Ron Costanzo 91
SuVet - Darvin Cornett 93
Jr - Josh Brafford 94
SJr - Ella Rogers 81

Handicap
Champ - Charles "Cooper" Pennington 93
Short - Ray Yazdi 89
Mid - Winky Mabe 92
Inter - Robert M Hill Jr 82
Long - John Miller 92
Lady - Karole Miller 90
SVet - Chuck Woody 87
Vet - Ron Costanzo 86
SuVet - Dan Johnson 91
Jr - Josh Brafford 88

Doubles
Champ - Dan Johnson 96
AA - John Miller 91
A - Darvin Cornett 94
B - Joe Nalley 92
C - Ray Yazdi 88
D - Jeff Abarbanell 83
Lady - Karole Miller 84
SVet - Greg High 93
SuVet - Winky Mabe 95
Jr - Cooper Pennington 82

HOA Dan Johnson

The shoot calendar is full.
The HOF starts in a week and a half, if you haven't made the trek to the Homegrounds in Bostic, you've been missing out. Make plans to join us and enjoy the best targets in the Southeast!

Travel Safe and see you next time wherever it is! Dan