BGC Labor Day Weekend Shoot - Day 1

Post shoot results!
straightaway

BGC Labor Day Weekend Shoot - Day 1

Post by straightaway »

Saturday August 31. Near perfect conditions for shooting today. Clear blue skies with ample sunshine that really lit up the white flyers. That's one excuse down. Temperatures started off in the upper 60s when shooting began. That's two excuses gone. Targets were set as good as they always are at Buckhorn. That's three excuses out of the way. Bottom line is - no excuses today..........and the scores show none needed.

Jen and Jay Willson dragged their toy hauler up out of South Carolina to play with us this weekend and really enjoyed their first time experience. After the 200 singles and the 100 caps, we had five shooters that wanted to get in a round of doubles in preparation to tomorrow's big twins event. I had the fun of scoring for them and the great entertainment came on the back half. Jen tied Jay with a 47. As I tallied up the scores they were standing near the chair waiting. As I started calling out scores, I heard Jen tell Jay "wait for it.......... wait for it" as I read Jay 47, Jen 47, she squealed out and thumped Jay on the shoulder and wandered off laughing. That's the great part about what we do. It's all in fun and fun is directly relevant to circumstances.

There were 23 shooters shot 200 singles, 20 shot the caps and as mentioned, 5 shot the impromptu doubles.

Singles
Champ - Jay Willson 199
AA - Dan Johnson 198
A - Richard Drake 194
B - Ed Rabenda 193
C - Glenn Alford 186
D - Jennifer Willson 176
Lady - Karole Miller 184
Sr Vet - Charles C Brown Jr 195
Sub Vet - Walter Mabe 192
Jr - Caleb Mathis 192
Sub Jr - Conner Mathis 144

Caps
Champ - Caleb Mathis 95 (+.5 yd)
Short - Eric Sherer 90
Mid - John Martin 90
Inter - Greg High 86
Long - Dan Johnson 93
Lady - Jennifer Willson 91
Sr Vet - Ed Rabenda 91
Sub Vet - Jim Hughes 89
Sub Jr - Conner Mathis 55

HOA - Dan Johnson

Extra Doubles Event
Champ - Jay Willson 96
B - Jim Hughes 88
C - Jennifer Willson 86
D - Curtis Odem 64
Jr - Caleb Mathis 82

As always, the food was great the desserts great the friends and fun were great. The Faithfull kicked it into to gear and this thing rolled along without a single hitch

That's it for Day 1. C'mon out and play with us, there are 2 more days and 900 targets to go! Something there for everybody!! What a great opportunity to "get ready for the Dixie"

Shoot well and often and we'll see you next time wherever it is! Dan