Buckhorn 1/26/2020

Post shoot results!
straightaway

Buckhorn 1/26/2020

Post by straightaway »

Nice day for shooting. Blue skies, tolerable temps and a healthy breeze that kept everyone on their toes in all events. We had a larger crowd than expected with 26 for singles, 23 for caps and 14 cranked it up for the doubles. We again delayed the start to clear the shadows off of field one, only makes it fair.

Several of the large trees that shaded field 4 have been removed. Can't wait to get to shoot down there as it has always been a great field to shoot on, now it should even be better.

President Hill showed up to play, he left his gender and species challenged kitty kat home. Greg High accompanied Marty, they're making big plans to head to Florida soon. Mr. Hill is feverishly trying to figure out how to get a reduction before then, We'll see......

Even Mr. Wilson shot today for two of the three events. He did ok for a part timer. Several of the resident young uns were on hand and as is becoming the norm, shot quite well. They will keep you on your toes for sure. I find it a great diversion from the hype and BS that is overwhelming our great country to see the parents and siblings supporting these young shooters. These junior and sub junior shooters are well grounded and a credit to their upbringing. Good job Mom and Dad. Thank You.

Young Gwen Wilson was on hand with her Girl Scout cookies and I believe did pretty good business. Mom and Dad made sure that she was involved in all the transactions, that was a great to see as it is wayyyyyy to common today for the parents to handle it all and the kids learn nothing.

Cold cuts, beans and sweet treats for dessert made for a good lunch. There again, if anyone leaves Buckhorn hungry all they need to do is look in the mirror to locate the culprit.

Let's see who did what

Singles
Champ - Dan Johnson 98
A- Ed Rabenda 94
B- Doug Monjeau 94
C- Joshua Brafford 88
D- Andrew Szwarckop 89
Lady- Karole Miller 93
Lady II- Donna Cornett 75
Sr Vet- Greg High 90
Vet- Ron Costanzo 83
Sub Vet- Walter Mabe 91
Junior- Ean Wagoner 91
Sub Jr- Jack Rogers 80

Caps
Champ- Doug Monjeau 94 (+.5 yd to the 21)
Short- Joshua Brafford 84
Mid- Jason Harris 80
Inter- Ed Rabenda 75
Long- John Miller 86
Lady I- Karolr Miller 76
Lady II- Donna Cornett 64
Sr Vet- Glenn Alford 79
Vet- Curtis Odem 64
Sub Vet- Dan Johnson 79
Junior- Dallie Lakey 84

Doubles
Champ- Dan Johnson 92
AA- John Miller 87
B- Walter Mabe 88
D- Cooper Pennington 86
Lady I- Karole Miller 77
Lady II- Donna Cornett 61
Vet- Curtis Odem 68
Sub Vet- James Wilson 89
Junior- Ean Wagoner 88

HOA- Dan Johnson

Yeah, the targets were "sporty" today. But, none of us will get to be a millionaire shooting, sooooo we might as well have fun. Laugh at ourselves, laugh at each other and just plain enjoy the company. I'm sure there are those that have as much fun as we do but, I'll bet there's none that have more fun. We all take a turn being "that guy" and can't wait for the next time when it's hopefully somebody else's turn. As long as there's no blood and you don't do something stupid to get on the "no cupcake list" it's all in fun and games.

The Faithful took care of it all one more time without a hitch. The efforts put in go so smoothly that if you blink you wonder just how and when did things get taken care of!

Shoot often, shoot well and we'll see you next time wherever it is! Travel Safe, Dan.