Doug House 2009

Post shoot results!
Slowpull

Doug House 2009

Post by Slowpull »

We had a very good crowd show up to shoot. The weather was great, hot , humid & light winds all day. We had a 10 minute long rain shower roll thru in Singles.

We want to thank all the shooters that traveled near & far to come and shoot with us. We also want to give a special thank you to everyone that helped us run the shoot.

Saturday

Singles - 31 shooters
98 – Champ – Tom Brown
98 – AA – George Brown
98 – A – Mike Stanton
97 – B – Marty Hill
95 – C – Phil Berkowitz
97 – D – Gail Page
92 – Lady – Jeri Wilson
88 -- SubJr -- Addison Callan
98 – Vet – Charlie Ackroyd
96 – SrVet – Morris Carroll

Handicap – 28 shooters

94 – HiGun – Al Mazza
91 – Long – Larry High
90 – Mid – Ike Branthwaite
92 – Short – Gail Page
89 – Lady – Jerrie Ann Walters
89 -- SubJr -- Addison Callan
83 – Vet – Charlie Ackroyd
82 – SrVet – Morris Carroll

Doubles – 12 shooters

94 – TopGun – Tom Brown
94 – A – Ken Cox
89 – B – Charlie Ackroyd
89 – C – Mickey Hicks
87 – D – Al Mazza

HOA -- 278 -- Tom Brown
jcallan

Photos from the Doug House 16th Annual Memorial Shoot

Post by jcallan »

The 16th Annual Doug House Memorial Shoot was well attended, and, for all but the crisis of a quick shower on our squad, and my youngest son locking my keys in my car, we had great targets and good weather. I squadded with my son on this trip and had someone else take photos of us, but I was able to get some fun action shots that should give you the spirit of the shoot. We, of course, would not miss a shoot at the legendary Charlie Brown club.

Given the club's namesake, I think it only fitting to begin with a photo of Charlie standing with my son, Addison in the clubhouse, taken during the shoot.

Like many of the shoots that occur in the North Carolina trap clubs, the 16th Annual Doug House Memorial Shoot provided moments of relaxation and time for friends to re-connect. Here is a shot I captured of our North Carolina ATA Delegate, Terry Roush, in comfortable chat with our North Carolina AIM Youth Director, Doug Mckinney. In the background you can see a squad on the line at the second trap field.

Now for a few action shots. The next shot shows that Terry did take the line with solid form at some point during the day.

Although still regaining vision after eye surgery, we see Ike Branthwaite having no trouble breaking a bird in this action shot. At this rate Ike will be smoking them all soon...the A shooters are wary. Ike picked up the Mid Handicap trophy with his 90 that day.

Our friendly, and great with the kids, George Brown is frenquently seen on the Vet leader board. That Saturday, George was smoking them as usual as the action show below demonstrates. George won the AA singles trophy with a 98 that day.

We missed the fabulous hand churned ice cream for which Marty Hill has become famous for at the North Carolina Trap Shoots. At the Doug House, Marty clearly had orange birds on his mind, as his shot below shows. Although he missed bringing the ice cream machine, he did pick up the singles trophy for "B" class with a nice 97.

Another Buckhorn shooter that deserves special mention is Gail Paige. Wow has this lady shooter been coming on lately. She picked up the "D" class singles trophy with a stellar 97 and walked away with the short handicap trophy with a 92 as well. See Gail smoking one of many below.

I, on the other hand, had my share of confusing moments on the line. The next shot shows the perplexity Addison and I show that only a mis-firing gun of another fellow on the line can create.

The next shot shows me lining up for the bird. I am still working on the forward bend...

All in all, the Doug House 16th was just as fun for both my son and I was the 15th that we attended last year. Charlie and company...thanks for another great shoot.

Hope you enjoyed the photos.

Cheers,

Jim Callan