Berkley Stephens February 3rd,2014

Arrangement Information
smokem

Berkley Stephens February 3rd,2014

Post by smokem »

Berkley Moore Stephens Jr. - Berkley Moore Stephens Jr. of Winston-Salem, N.C. died peacefully on Monday, Feb. 3, 2014. Berk was born in Danville, Va., on August 30, 1943. After graduating from George Washington High School, he played baseball for East Carolina University, was a member of Theta Chi fraternity, graduated with a degree in physical education, and went on to become a successful entrepreneur.

Berk was a state champion trap shooter and loved hunting, Duke basketball, and sharing these passions with his children and grandchildren. He was an active member of Centenary United Methodist Church, serving as vice-chair of the Property Committee and volunteering in various other capacities.

Berk is survived by his wife, Sue; his son, Taylor Stephens and his wife, Julie; his daughter, Chris Peterson and her husband, Eric; his daughter, Katie Stephens and her husband, Josh Olinick; and his five grandchildren, Paige, Jessica, and Cody Stephens; Kelly and Anna Peterson.

A memorial service will be held at Centenary UMC on Friday, February 7 at 2 p.m. with a reception following at the church. In lieu of flowers, please make donations to Loaves and Fishes or H.O.P.E of Winston-Salem fund, both through Centenary UMC, 646 W. Fifth St., Winston-Salem, NC 27101. Online condolences may be made through www.salemfh.com.
smokem

Berk At The Joe Nimer Memorial 2008

Post by smokem »

This picture was taken at the Joe Nimer Memorial in 2008...

smokem

Berk

Post by smokem »

Berkley Stephens
We apologize for the delay in getting this posted. I was super busy last week and missed the early email. Berkley was a great shot and always had something to say and a story to tell. I always enjoyed watching the man shoot and he had a couple of sayings that I will never forget.
One saying he offered was "you boughtem you oughta breakem" and shooting would be a lot more fun if you would keep your gun still. I hope to dig through my archives and post some pictures of Bekley in his prime.

NC has a lost a great trapshooter and our prayers go up for family and friends during this time. I have posted a few pictures of Berk at the Joe Nimer Memorial at the Rockingham Gun Club in 2008. Go to "The Lodge" scroll up until you find "Finished Careers" and mash on Berkley Stephens.

Berkley Moore Stephens Jr. - Berkley Moore Stephens Jr. of Winston-Salem, N.C. died peacefully on Monday, Feb. 3, 2014. Berk was born in Danville, Va., on August 30, 1943. After graduating from George Washington High School, he played baseball for East Carolina University, was a member of Theta Chi fraternity, graduated with a degree in physical education, and went on to become a successful entrepreneur.

Berk was a state champion trap shooter and loved hunting, Duke basketball, and sharing these passions with his children and grandchildren. He was an active member of Centenary United Methodist Church, serving as vice-chair of the Property Committee and volunteering in various other capacities.

Berk is survived by his wife, Sue; his son, Taylor Stephens and his wife, Julie; his daughter, Chris Peterson and her husband, Eric; his daughter, Katie Stephens and her husband, Josh Olinick; and his five grandchildren, Paige, Jessica, and Cody Stephens; Kelly and Anna Peterson.

A memorial service will be held at Centenary UMC on Friday, February 7 at 2 p.m. with a reception following at the church. In lieu of flowers, please make donations to Loaves and Fishes or H.O.P.E of Winston-Salem fund, both through Centenary UMC, 646 W. Fifth St., Winston-Salem, NC 27101. Online condolences may be made through www.salemfh.com.