Marion Erwin

Arrangement Information
smokem

Marion Erwin

Post by smokem »

10:35PM Saturday night I got an email from Jeff Galloway about the passing of NCHOF inductee Marion Erwin. I will post the obit info as soon as I can find it.....

Marion and I tied with 98's at the Annie Oakley Shoot in Pinehurst NC.....here is a picture of us in the golden days of Trapshooting....

smokem

Re: Marion Erwin

Post by smokem »

Dear NC Trapshooting Association & Membership:

I’m writing you to inform of my Father’s passing. Marion Frank Erwin, affectionately known as “Bull,” 79, passed away peacefully at home in the care of loving hands on Thursday, March 30, 2017 after a courageous battle with cancer.

I want to express how much the 2016 induction into the N.C. Hall of Fame meant to him. The 2016 State shoot & his induction was his last shooting competition. After that we got him out on the range once more in February for his final targets.

In lieu of flowers, The family requests any memorials be directed to the NC Wildlife Habitat Foundation www.ncwhf.org or N.C. Youth Shooting Foundation www.ncysf.org

A visitation is scheduled from 6:00-8:00PM Monday, April 3, 2017 at Hall-Wynne Funeral Service located at 1113 W. Main St, Durham, NC 27701 (919) 688-6387. Funeral services will be held 11:00AM Tuesday, April 4, 2017 in the Chapel of Hall-Wynne Funeral Service with Rev. Dr. Robert B. Claytor officiating.

Sincerely,

Gregory A. Erwin

Erwin Oil Company Inc.

(919) 682-9168 office