News From The Rock

What is going on at your club?
smokem

Practice At The Rock - December 27th, 2008

Post by smokem »

Shooters descended on the Rock today to work off some of those Christmas calories. Both the skeet complex and the trap fields were busy along with the pistol and rifle ranges.

I arrived early and was the first trapshooter on the grounds. Leo walked up and we chatted about a lot of stuff amidst a light mist. We both thought the day was going to be a bust when the mist turned into rain.

Irving showed up and we talked about concealed carry permits and other topics including guns and shells. Bob Carter showed up and then the Prez. We helped them load up some targets for one of the skeet houses.

JT showed up and we decided to shoot practice on trap 1 to get rid of those all orange targets. JT, Irving and I shot a couple of rounds before JC showed up and others.
There were some new trapshooters shooting today and it was the first time I had met them. They stated that they shot bench rest and just got into shooting trap.
Roger Shaffer showed up today and it has been a long time since I have seen him. He didn't have his gun and we hope he can get out to shoot with us soon.
I got some good shots of the skeet shooters today and we captured Bill Carter shooting low 7. I also took some shots of the Prez today.
Elmo showed up today with the Ljutic and shot a round! JT loved to watch Elmo shoot and he is a great weight forward shooter. We sure are glad to see him out shooting.
Lewis Wyatt was on the skeet field today with his Son from Boone. Lewis says that shooting doubles in skeet helps him when he shoots trap doubles. Lewis promised to take me to the skeet field and teach me how to do it!
All in all we had a good day with practice with 95x100 in singles and 42x50 in caps from the 23. It was great to see all of the activity at the club and I cannot wait until Springtime!

Mash on the link below for all the pix from today:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v299/ ... =slideshow