October 19th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

October 19th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning and what a great weekend! Looks like Watauga and Old Hickory@Rocky Mount shoot this weekend so make plans to attend.

Two shoots over the weekend with NTD at the Rock Saturday and Buckhorn shot Sunday. It was great weather both days, but the wind was blowing both days also.

The Rock hosted National Trapshooting Day Saturday and it was a big turnout. Sam McInteer won the singles with a 97, Westley Kiter won the caps with a 92 and Jack Williams won the dubs with a 47 and HOA with a 230.

Morg Shaw reports that the annual “Chicken Wing Fling” will be wingless for the first time in many years. John Waters has blessed us with his tasty wings and his trademark cooking apron. His mom is not doing well, and we are praying for her currently. Hopefully Morg will post a shoot program sometime this week.

Old Hickory@Rocky Mount will shoot Sunday and not sure what the weather will offer. Great club with three traps and some great targets. Not sure what lunch is but it is always good. Hopefully, Marty will post a shoot program sometime this week.

Some of you remember Steve Karas and some may not. He was a 27-yard shooter until he had a stroke and at one time he was confined to a wheelchair. He moved to Arizona and is finally back in High Point. I picked him up Sunday and rode him up to RCGC to see some of the guys and get out of the house. He will be making the ride to the club with me soon and I know he enjoys it.

Sad news and that is Sandy Mitchell has passed. He was very involved in trapshooting in NC way back in the day and his ex-wife was instrumental in establishing the NC Hall Of Fame. He will be sorely missed by the folks that knew him.

Ok that is about it and I hope everyone has a great week and stay dry. Hello to Lou, Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Thea and Anne and until next week………smokem