October 19th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

October 19th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Carolina blue sky cloudless weekend for the most part here in NC. While parts of the Northeast got snow our area got cooler temps and falling leaves. Two shoots over the weekend with Buckhorn shooting both Saturday and Sunday and Gastonia shooting Saturday. I have shoot reports from BGC and thanks to Dan "the non-porch sitting" Johnson.

Most folks are aware that Worth Miller passed away Monday. I got the info and failed to post the arrangement info and sad to say I could have attended his service today since I was on a leaf run in the area. Worth was a great man and I also had the pleasure of meeting and shooting with his brother Glenn. He will sorely be missed and I hate I didn't get to talk with him more at the NCHOF. I know they have the Glenn at Watauga but maybe they will hold the Worth at Watauga someday.

It looks like the SC area is still recovering from the flooding and Dave Daily had a time with his property also. Dave and June had to wade in waist high deep water to just get to their property off of 15-501. The road that separated the lake behind his property was four feet over the divider. His property was not damaged but he did get some roof damage due to the winds associated with the storm.

I have info from Low Country Preserve and I know they cancelled their October 17th shoot but the NC Shoot List shows a shoot for October 24th. Not sure if that is correct or not and it looks like they will hold their BIG50 the 21st. I am going to repost the info from his newsletter regarding helping LCP get back on their feet.

Please Note: According to Bob Keever LCP will not be holding any registered or BIG50 shoots at this time. The NCTA Calendar has been updated to reflect this change. Thanks 10/21/2015 @ 4:21PM

As you know from previous e-mails, Low Country Preserve sustained significant damage from the flood waters that inundated the club.This Sunday 10/18/2015 we are hosting a 100 target Sporting Clays Flood Benefit Shoot to raise money for the repairs to return the clubto pre flood condition. If you are unable to attend and would like to make a donation or make a donation in addition to attending the shoot, a special web site has been created at GoFundMe.com. The site will be available for 30 days. All donations go to the club. The web site address is https://www.gofund.me/lowcountrypreserve. Please make donations here versus at the club or the club store.Instructions for making a donation are on the site. Please call or text Bill Martin 843-877-1833 or Todd Dawkins 910-540-9273 if you need assistance or have any questions. Thank You

Three shoots this weekend in NC with LCP, Old Hickory @ Rocky Mount and Watauga. Tom Pitts has posted the Chicken Wing Fling program and the weather forecast is 62 degrees and partly cloudy. They should have a big old good one or a good old big one with that weather forecast. John Waters has prepared those succulent tasty wings and I hope he is still on the grill this weekend. Mash on this link for a slideshow from the 2014 Wing Fling......http://smg.photobucket.com/user/smokem/ ... 014?sort=2

Jimmy Wilson plugging his ears trying not to hear another bad story from Dennis Taylor....

CHEF Jon on the grill....

Ok - that is it for now folks and I will be in class all week learning stuff. I am not on call so maybe I won't have to go out on a murder case. For those of you that read my report last week I got called out to a dead body investigation. Sad to say but a 30 year old Sudanese Muslim just trying to make a living got shot by a 21 year old black male over an order of chicken wings. The delivery driver wouldn't allow the robber to steal the order and wound up losing his life. I got home about 6 and slept until about 2 Monday....That started out the week great. Hello to Hap - Scott - Lou and Chase and until next week.............................................Smokem