November 2nd Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

November 2nd Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Can you believe it is already November with Christmas just a month away. One shoot over the weekend with LCP finally back on the board with their BIG50 Wednesday. I have a shoot report from LCP and also from Old Hickory @ Rocky Mount from last Saturday.

Jack Hughes

I was digging around on the ATA website and noticed that Jack Hughes had died. He is Jim Hughes father and Jim used to shoot quite a bit in North Carolina. I posted his information in the "finished careers" section and Worth Miller's information is there also. With that said it will be one year since J.C. Nunn passed on November 3rd 2014. I know it hasn't been the same since old JBird passed but time moves on. Please remember these families during this time.

Karole "CupCakes" Miller posted the shoot report from OH&RM and they had a good turnout. Brandon Matthews won the singles, doubles and HOA with PK Kemp winning the caps. I noticed some no score reported entries and it must have been some tough shooting in the caps.

Pat Childers posted the BIG50 from LCP and I copied and pasted the info from their newsletter: Enjoy - We are finally fully recovered from the flood waters which inundated the trap field. We shot our first Big 50 this week after a 4 week hiatus due to the flood. As luck would have it, it rained hard on Wednesday and we had to reschedule and shoot the Big 50 on Thursday. We had 4 shooters competing this week. Conditions were good with no wind and temperatures in the high 70’s. Hopefully we will be able to field 2 squads soon now that the summer heat has dissipated.
Pat Childers was Top Gun this week with a score of 47. Next up for second was Mike Anselmo from St. James with a 44. Harold Smith followed Mike with a 42 and Paul Miraglia finished out the squad with a 39.
Hope to see more smiling faces next week. We shoot the Big 50 every Wednesday at 1 p.m. weather permitting.

Looking at November there are a few shoots later in the month with Gastonia on the 14th and Buckhorn on the 15th which is there Toys For Tots shoot. Ft. Bragg will host there annual Turkey shoot on the 21st along with LCP's monthly shoot on the 21st also. LCP hosts their BIG50's on the 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th. If you are looking to slip across the border to shoot Lynchburg hosts their BIG50 on the 17th and Spartanburg holds their monthly shoot on the 7th.

The ATA site is offering a portal for gun clubs to register and have the ability to list their shoots, post their scores and also send out shoot programs to all their members via the website. It seems like a great idea and I am looking forward to see how it will inform the NC shooter base regarding shoot info.

I have been toying with the idea of setting up TarHeelTrap on Facebook. Just a thought like I have a lot of time on my hands but have considered it. Folks have become more tech savvy and with all the pictures I have taken over the years it would be easy to share some trapshooting memories with the masses.

One other website to checkout is the website for the South Carolina Trapshooting Association - mash on http://www.sctrapshooting.org - they have done a great job on the site so go check it out.

That is about it and I am going to copy a few links into this Smoke Report but I want to be sure it gets posted.....Hello to Hap - Scott - Lou and Chase and until next week.........................................................................Smokem