November 9th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

November 9th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning and what a warm start to the month of November. Great shooting weather and I have one shoot report from LCP. Three shoots this week in NC with LCP Wednesday and Gastonia Saturday with Buckhorns Toys For Tots Sunday.

Vets At The 2015 NC State Shoot

I would first like to say thanks to all of the Vets and to all that have ever served and the troops serving today. Very proud to be called and American and it is certainly the land of the free and the home of the brave.

LCP shot Wednesday and here is the shoot report from Pat Childers newsletter: Great turnout this week. Nine shooters and counting. Conditions were great also. No wind, overcast sky and temps in the 70’s. Does not get much better than that! Harold Smith took top gun honors this week with a 48. Pat Childers was second with a 45. Terry Lewis was third with a 42. Paul Miraglia was fourth with a 40. Mike Anselmo and Wayne Averill tied for fifth with 39’s. Next up was Wayne Schiavi with a 35. Charlie Bertrand and Heyward Lowry finished out the scoring with a pair of 32’s. Many thanks to all who shot this week. Thanks for coming. Hope to see all of you and more next week. We shoot the Big 50 every Wednesday at 1 p.m. weather permitting. Big 50 Rain Date. If the Big 50 is not held on Wednesday, it will be shot the following day at 1:00 PM. Club management will decide by 10:00 AM Wednesday morning if the Big 50 needs to be rescheduled. An e-mail will be sent to all members on the distribution list advising them it has been rescheduled.

LCP shoots their BIG50 Wednesday and the weather is looking good for the weekend with sun and temps in the high 50's. Gastonia will host a typical 300 target program on two traps. Buckhorn will host their annual Toys For Tots shoot Sunday and I am sure Jimmy Wilson will post the program sometime today. It is a great way to brighten the Christmas of some needy child and Buckhorn has done just that for many years. The best thing is Big Jim dressing up like Santa and sitting on his lap is a life changing experience....Ho Ho Ho

Bob Schultz published his holiday newsletter and it was quite the read. You owe it to yourself to get on his email list for all of the info he puts out. Tom Shelley is newly retired and is living it up looking at his Facebook posts. With Tom Pitts retired and now Shelley on the loose they will have more time to travel and shoot. Maybe they can meet for breakfast with BamBam and get him out of the house a bit.

I took a look at the Shooata site and sure enough the scores from the shoot in Spartanburg Saturday the 7th are posted. Ron Burdick won the singles with a 98, Joe Rogers won the caps with a 91 and Kevin Stephens won the doubles with a 91. No HOA reported.....

Ok that is about it for this week and I am off Wednesday and might spend it spreading some lead. Have a great Veterans day and hello to Hap, Scott, Lou and Chase and until next week.....................................Smokem.