November 23rd Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

November 23rd Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Thanksgiving week is upon us and I guess we all have a lot to be thankful for. With all of the craziness going on in the world you just hope and pray that it doesn't affect you and your family. Three shoots last week with LCP's BIG50 and registered shoot and also Ft. Bragg shot on Saturday. Weather was great both Saturday and Sunday with Sunday producing the wind that nobody had to compete in.

Pat Childers posted his BIG50 info and here it is: Pretty windy this week. But the temps were great. Low 70’s. Holiday time is approaching and a lot of our local shooters have headed east to be with family. We had 4 shooters this week. Terry Lewis and Harold Smith tied for Top Gun honors this week with a pair of 44’s. Pat Childers was next with a 40 and Wayne Averill finished out the squad with a 38. It’s a tight race between Pat and Harold for top gun of the month with just one week left in November. Harold is leading with a 90% average and Pat is second at 88%. Obviously this week’s scores did not help their averages. Big 50 Rain Date - If the Big 50 is not held on Wednesday, it will be shot the following day at 1:00 PM. Club management will decide by 10:00 AM Wednesday morning if the Big 50 needs to be rescheduled. An e-mail will be sent to all members on the distribution list advising them it has been rescheduled. Friday Trap Practice - A group of us practice trap every Friday at 10 AM. We shoot two rounds of trap singles and then some handicap and doubles if there is interest. Sporting Clays, Skeet and 5-Stand are also options. Hopefully Pat will post the Saturday shoot info and I will post it next Monday.

Ft. Bragg shot Saturday and thanks for posting the shoot info Marty. Good crowd with folks traveling from Boone and Charlotte. Marty managed to deep fry 3 birds and didn't set himself or the ground on fire. Chris Powell won the singles and the caps and David Miller won the doubles. Ft. Bragg shoots next on the 12th of December so please make plans now to attend. Also happy birthday to Lewis Wyatt and he got to enjoy his birthday at the shoot.

It is about that time of year for the annual newsletter from Terry Roush. I look forward to it every year and appreciate the effort that Terry puts forth to publish it. He also does a great job maintaining the "Official" NC trapshooting website.

Hard to believe that we are only a months away from the Dixie Grand at the Dollar in Odessa Florida. WIth the weatherman predicting a cooler wetter winter it would be nice if folks would send me pix with snow in it. I will take pix from Arizona - Pennsylvania and Florida and even NC if you catch my drift.

I hope everybody has a great Thanksgiving and spend some quality time with the family. I will be at the gun club Friday for sure and the weekend looks a bit wet - fyi. Hello to Hap - Scott - Lou and Chase and until next week.............................................Smokem