December 21st Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

December 21st Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good afternoon and I really do not have an excuse as to why the smoke report didn’t appear this morning other than the site was unavailable. I have been busy all day and just getting around to drumming something up.

Chilly weekend in North Carolina and with LCP shooting Saturday the 19th I have yet to get a shoot report. Their BIG50 was shot the 16th and Pat Childers was the high gun with a 47.

I did get an email from my Konne-Yaut Indian friend Scott Holdren and come to find out he made it on the 2016 All PA trap shooting team #8 and wound up the high caps average shooter with a 92.5 average from the 27. That is some great shooting Scott and hopefully we will get to shoot with you at the Dogwood in 2016.

I am getting Trap & Field again thanks to Hunter Galloway……The last edition had the obits of Worth Miller, Pete McCall and Cliff Dowdy. Please remember the families of these former trap shooters during the Christmas holiday.

The 2016 NCTA shooting schedule is slowly but surely filling in and it was updated last night by the Keever’s. Not sure if Terry has updated it on NCTrap.com but I will include the link just in case. Here it is just in case you want to take a peek. http://nctrap.com/shoots2016.pdf

I jumped back on Trapshooters.com Sunday night and will be posting info on upcoming shoots on that site also. I pretty much fell off the site after the switch and figure there are still people that might travel to our state that might want to pack a gun and enjoy shooting in the TarHeel state. A picture is worth a thousand words and getting the word out usually includes a great shot of a great gun club in NC.

If you are contemplating shooting in Florida it looks like the Silver Dollar is beefing up their lights for night shooting and adding some new PAT traps. I do not have all the details but I am sure they are anticipating a great season of trapshooting in Odessa.

I sent out about 30 Christmas cards this year and got a card from Earl Scripture. All it says is Earl and that pretty much is all he needs to say. Earl was one heck of a shot and unfortunately got booted out of the ATA quite a few years ago. I remember him at the Pinehurst Gun Club in his long black coat, black cowboy hat and cowboy boots. The style for shooting back then was a little different from today to say the least.

Hunter Galloway and Terry Roush traveled to Sparta for the annual meeting with the ATA. I don't have anything to report but do have some new up to date paper rule books to distribute. The weather really cooperated this year compared to last year when it was bone chilling cold and snowy.

Only one more smoke report until the New Year and this time of year is always a favorite of mine. Our sons will be over to the house on Friday and I have two new bb/pellet guns to deliver to some future trap shooters…..you just never know.

I hope everybody has a very Merry Christmas and please be careful during the holiday. Folks tend to get into the eggnog and other hottie totties if you know what I mean. Ho Ho Ho to Hap, Scott , Lou and Chase and until next week……………………………………..Smokem