December 28th SMoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

December 28th SMoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning and this is the last smoke report of 2015. Time sure flies when you are having fun and hard to believe Christmas is over. I hope you and your family had a great time with friends and family. I had a great time with family and gifted two new Daisy bb/pellet guns to a couple of our X daycare children. One is big enough for a youth model 12 gauge bt-99....

LCP postponed their BIG50 last week due to Christmas plans but they did have info on their shoot two Saturday's ago. The following info was posted by Pat Childers: No Big 50 this week due to Christmas travels, parties, etc. However, we had an excellent turn out for the December Monthly Trap Shoot on last Saturday. We had 10 shooters compete for the high score and Mike Petrone was the winner with a score of 85. Wayne Averill was second and Pat Childers finished third. Mike Anselmo, Larry Dudley and Will Dovel made the trip from Southport to shoot with us. Also Tim Howard, Frank Harris, Terry Lewis and Mike Ciccarella all shot with us. Thanks to all and hope to see you all next month on Saturday, January 16, 2016.

Jimmy Wilson called and needs your help. Mother nature sent a fireball through his cable modem and wiped out his pc and printer. That means he lost his distribution list that he uses to spork out his email to announce his monthly shoots. I posted the shoot for this Sunday the third on TarHeelTrap and will post on Trapshooters.com. If you have an address list (Marty Hill or Mac Herring) please cut and paste the shoot info and send that to your list if possible.

Not sure if LCP is shooting this Wednesday the 30th for their BIG50 but I do know their monthly shoot will be the 16th according to their newsletter. The shoot calendar is looking a little puny and hopefully Rockingham will be posting their 2016 schedule right after the 1st...I have included the hot link to the state calendar for your convenience. Mash on the following link - http://nctrap.com/shoots2015.pdf

I got out to the Rock Saturday and wound up helping folks get setup to shoot and loaned out my three ERAD devices. Great to see folks enjoying trapshooting even in low light and misty dreary almost rainy conditions. The gentleman that owns Clinton press in Greensboro had his family out for a meal and some lead hurling. I did run into retired GPD bike cop Bruce Smith at the Rock and he is sure happy to be retired. He shot the 870 pretty good at trap considering he is used to shooting anywhere from 17 to 30 rounds in a hurry.

Tom Pitts is already ciphering up the State shoot points and I have included the link for your convenience - http://nctrap.com/shoots2015.pdf Tom does a great job and thanks to him for all of his efforts.

Chris Shoulars is back in Reidsville and is working at a hardware store selling guns along with his father Scott. All kinds of guns are being sold thanks to the current dirt stirrer in Washington. I believe the hardware store is called Saunders True Value hardware and is located at 202 Piedmont Street in Reidsville so please check it out.

Word off the mountain is that everybody is laying low with Tom Shelley and his galpal biking and hiking and Shelley is down 15 pounds. Tom Shelley has tried to get Pitts out biking but Pitts says he is afraid his gravy will burn. BamBam and Tom Pitts are doing indoor trapshooting practice with the Terry Jordan wall chart. They take turns calling lost targets for each other. Morg sent me a bunch of pictures and video from the Toys For Tots that I will try to get posted some time or another.

Not sure what to say about the weather other than it is not cold outside! Grass looks good and I have had 4 large spiders try to get past me here in the easy chair. These dudes are as big as a 50 cent piece. I am sure we are going to get hammered in the next few months and I am looking forward to it. HighCountryWebcams.com has a ton of cams from the coast and the mountains of NC-VA-WVA and it is neat to watch it snow.....

2016 is upon us and I know that everybody is making those new years resolutions. It is a fun time of the year to change things or just let them remain the same. I will continue to do the smoke report for another year and if you know of someone having a birthday or even have some dirt to dish please email me at freddydacrusher@hotmail.com

I hope everyone has a great week and a Happy New Year. Hello to Hap, Scott, Lou and Chase and until next year.....................Smokem