January 4th 2016 Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

January 4th 2016 Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Happy New Year folks and here we are in 2016. The weather finally seems like winter and even the NC ski resorts are making snow and expecting natural snow early this week. I hope you and your family are doing well and looking to shooting in NC is 2016.

Two shoots last week that include LCP's BIG50 on the 30th and Buckhorn's 1st shoot in 2016. LCP will shoot their BIG50 on the 6th and 13th and their registered shoot is on the 19th. No other registered events are listed on the calendar for January. I have included the shoot report from Pat Childers weekly newsletter and it is listed below.

Harold Smith was Top Gun for the last week of 2015 with a 47. Fred Barnett and Pat Childers tied for second with a pair of 44’s. Charley Bertrand, Frank Harris, Heyward Lowry, Terry Lewis and Wayne Averill also shot this week. We had 8 shooters in all. The conditions were really great. Where’s the real winter weather?
We also want to recognize the most improved shooter for the year. It’s a title which will be shared by Frank Harris and Heyward Lowry. Congratulations guys! Well deserved and we expect to see your pictures in the newsletter in 2016.

Buckhorn shot Sunday and the singles were shot in about 40 degrees. I watched Dan Johnson break 100 straight in 32 degree weather with mixmatched targets.....but that was years ago. Turnout was good with 23S/23H/12D and somebody did get a punch. Winky Mabe led all singles shooters with a 99, John Martin won the caps with a 93 and 1/2yard punch, Chris Powell won the doubles with a 92 and the HOA with a 278.

Tom Pitts posted the NC points and I havent had a chance to look at all of the info. Thanks to Tom for his efforts and with the reduced number of clubs reporting maybe that will cut his workload down a bit.

Evidently a group of NC shooters are getting tuned up to travel to the Dixie Grand in Odessa Florida January 19-25. I have been to the Dixie and it is great being in Florida in January. The wind and weather can be unpredictable but it beats the cold and snow anywhere else.

Ok....not much more to report and I hope everybody has a great week. Weatherman is talking about a crazy weather pattern that might actually produce some winter weather next week and I will believe it when I see it. Hello to Hap, Scott, Lou and Chase and until next week.....................Smokem