February 8th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

February 8th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning to all and what a great weekend to get out and do something. At the time of this writing the Broncos are still leading the Panthers and as time allows I will make a comment about the results. One shoot at LCP Wednesday and I will share the shoot report provided by Pat Childers.

We had a good turnout for the Big 50 this week. Fifteen shooters competed in challenging conditions. The sky was overcast and the rain started spitting during the end of the second round. The real challenge was the wind. It never stopped and the frequent gusts exceeded 20 mph. Top Gun for the day was Frank Harris with a 45. Congratulations Frank. Fred Truelove from Southport was next with a 43. Harold Smith and Joe Rinaldi tied for third with a pair of 40’s. The rest of us finished somewhere in the 30’s. The rest of the group this week included Bill Boston, Frank Caruso, Charley Bertrand, Pat Childers, Mike Ciccolella, Fred Barnett, Wayne Schiavi, Mike Petrone, Nate Lipsen, Ron Rezza and Ned Marlowe.

The trap machine and voice release system worked perfectly today. We threw over 800 targets without one broken target and all five speakers were flawless throwing a target every time. The target flights were a little squirrelly at times from the wind gusts but otherwise flew true and everyone was breaking targets well. The next Big 50 will be shot Wednesday February 10th at 1 p.m.

Lynchburg and Spartanburg shot Saturday and I took a look at the ATA website and got the link to Spartanburgs shoot report. Mash on the link and read it for yourself. http://www.shootata.com/Portals/0/pdf/r ... leName.pdf

As many of you already know the Broncos are World Champions. Hats off to the Panthers for a great season and folks just looked at me funny when I said the Broncos would win. Also hats off to Wade Phillips for helping engineer that championship winning defense.

Steve Watson is plotting and planning to get down to the Southern Grand. If you are heading to Florida in March Steve is looking for some home folk to shoot with. His email info should be on NCTRAP.com

LCP holds their next BI50 the 10th and I have included the link for the NC shooting schedule - http://nctrap.com/shoots2015.pdf

Everybody have a great week and hello to Lou, Hap, Scott and Chase and until next week........................Smokem