February 22nd Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

February 22nd Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Hello and good morning and what a beautiful weekend. One shoot to report at Buckhorn and the LCP shoot the 20th was cancelled due to the trapfield flooding. Only 1 shoot coming up this week and it will be at LCP the 24th as long as flooding does not return to the trapfield.

Buckhorn hosted their monthly shoot and quite a good turnout with 22/21/11 at the shoot. Will and Randy slid off the hill and JD Goodwin came out to play after a 5 year layoff, wife and a youngin. John Miller won the singles with a 98, Winky got a punch with a 96 and Dan won the dubs with a 90. Looks like grandpa and grandma Wilson got to chase a grandyoungin and I sure would appreciate a picture. Thanks to Dan Johnson for posting the shoot report.....

The Southern Grand is right around the corner and not sure just who all is going. Heard tell that Charlie Brown, Dan Johnson, Steve Watson, Randy & Will, Galloways and not quite sure who else will be making the trip. If you have never made the trip you might want to just roll on down to Odessa.

Ammo seems to be abundant around Greensboro with Field&Stream, Gander and Dicks all selling Rio's, Gun Clubs and Federals left and right. The premium shells are selling for about 10 bucks a box and even found some Federal paper shells for more than you might want to pay. It is that time of the year again and hopefully the shells wont dry up.

The Spring Grand cranked up the 17th and runs through the 28th. You can see all the scores at http://shootscoreboard.com/menu.cfm?shootid=445 I ran through some of the scores and it looks like Kentucky shooter Tank Polson broke a 99 in the doubles today and of course Harlan broke a 100 along with Sean Hawley and a few more. The weather looks GREAT for Tuscon and some years it has been rainy, windy and cold.

That is about all I have for now and I hope you have a great week. Happy Birthday to Jimmy Wilson, Ed Stevens, Morris Carroll, Dan Johnson and old Gail Page.....The February birthday folks. Hello to Lou, Hap, Scott and Chase and until next week......................Smokem
Last edited by smokem on Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smokem

Re: February 22nd Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Attention:

LCP has moved their BIG50 to Thursday due to weather and HOPE to have the trap back in the hole.....

FYI