February 29th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

February 29th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

What a great weekend for shooting if you so desire. I know a lot of folks got out to practice and getting ready for the registered shoot schedule to really crank up. LCP cancelled their BIG50 due to water issues and three shoots this week including the LCP BIG50 Wednesday, Coharie the 5th and Old Hickory Rocky Mount the 6th.

Mac posted the shoot program for CSL and I would imagine the program for OH&RM to be posted sometime today. Hopefully LCP will be able to get their trap back in and they can proceed to hold their weekly BIG50 shoots. If you are closer to VA or SC both Lynchburg and Spartanburg host their monthly shoots the first Saturday of most months.

The Spring Grand is over and they had some great weather all week. All I know is that Matthew Bartholow won the doubles with a 100 Friday, not sure who won the Champ Singles with six 200's posted. There were four 99's in the caps and Bartholow won the HAA with 397 and Harlan won the HOA with 1078 five more than Scot Gens. One NC shooter showed up and it was none other that Robin Dallenbach.

The pictures below are of our Hunter Saftey Team Scrimmage. We had four teams from off the mountain come up to compete with us, a total of 85 young people. They compete in five events, zero yard trap, .22 rifle four position, archery, orienteering, and then the dreaded test on the Hunter saftey hand book. Awesome seeing all these kids,the future of our sports. Morg.

Morg has had a lot of help at these events from the local cartel including George, Tom & Tom, Steve and others. Morg got digging through the safe and found a 1983 ATA membership document that was signed by my grandfather Jim Brown and Bill Jenkins. Back then you had to have two life members sign when a person joined the ATA.

Morg is also donating a challenge Team trophy that will be given at the NC State Shoot. Morg is hoping that clubs across the state will field teams (SubJr-JrGold) to compete for this prize. The team that wins it three times will retire that trophy. Morg will send me a picture as soon as the award is created by none other than Morg himself.

My friend Gene Hapney shot at Tuscon and it looks like he didn't quite shoot quite to his liking. It must be nice to live in Arizona and be able to shoot in that great weather pretty much year round. I have been trying to get him to ride out to NC and shoot at the NC Homegrounds and also Spartanburg.....Maybe one day......

I took about an hour to clean up account requests for access to the website. There were about 20 from these automated bots that try to access websites. I will be sending emails to the folks requesting access to verify who they are. I also had some issues actually being able to access the admin panel to even reset a password. I will also try to clean up some areas and will try to update the State Shoot winners and the HOF section.

Have a great week everybody and hopefully you can make it to LCP - CSL or OH@RM. Hello to Lou, Hap, Scott and Chase and until next time.............................Smokem