March 7th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

March 7th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Southern Grand cranks up today and two shoots in North Carolina this week. I have shoot reports from LCP and Coharie and will have Old Hickory Rocky Mount shortly.

LCP finally got back to shooting this week and the shoot report will appear below. I got the news that Bruce Frances was selling his shooting gear and guns due to failing health. I took pictures of Bruce and his wife at our state shoot years ago and hope to get that sent to his wife. Here is the BIG50 info - WE ARE BACK IN BUSINESS! We shot the Big 50 this week for the first time in 4 weeks. We lost 3 weeks due to flooding in the trap house. We had 9 shooters this week for the Big 50 and conditions were really nice except for occasional wind gusts resulting in some really difficult targets to hit. Pat Childers had the high score this week with a 44. Second was a tie with Fred Barnett and Mike Petrone both breaking 41. Rich Long took third with a 39. Other shooters with us today included Harold Smith, Mike Burrell, Wayne Schiavi, Paul Miraglia, and Larry Dudley. It was certainly good to get back to shooting some targets. Hope to see more of you next week. The next Big 50 will be shot Wednesday March 9th at 1 p.m.

Coharie hosted their first shoot of 2015 and had a good turnout. Greg High won the singles with a 100 - Neill McIniss won the caps with a 93 - Dan Johnson won the doubles with a 93 and Greg High and Mac Herring tied for HOA at 274. Next Coharie shoot is April 9th.

Folks are already at the Silver Dollar for the Southern Grand and having a great time. Jeff Galloway went to the Robinson Ranch for the big handicap shoot and ran into Russell Nuti and Phil Berkowitz. Jeff said it was pretty windy and and averaged 20.5 birds per trap. Jeff sent me a few pix and thank for that.I talked to Terry Roush briefly and he is trying to get that new ATA Presedential Krieghoff dialed in and hopefully it will happen this week at the Southern Grand.

Robinson Ranch
Russell Nuti

Two shoots in North Carolina this week with LCP shooting their BIG50 Wednesday the 9th and Buckhorn shooting Sunday the 13th. Jimmy will have his info posted and I will get it up here on the site. He has a pretty extensive email list and if you would like to get on the list contact info is jwilson15@nc.rr.com

Morg Shaw sent me some old HOF brochures for the induction of Glen Miller and Tom Wilkinson. I am looking for info to update all of the HOF inductees and if you have pictures that you would like to share please pass them on. Scan and send of just take a picture and send to me and thanks in advance.

If you want to keep up with all of the goings on at the Southern Grand you can access the info by going to http://www.rjstuart.com - I will try real hard to give a day by day overview of the events and will publish in the "Lodge" Out Of State Trapshoot Info. There is a running event board that runs all day and flashes the scores as they come in. Good luck to all of the shooters and especially to all our NC folks.

Have a great week and it looks like all the super cold nasty weather weeks are about over. Hello to Lou, Hap, Scott and Chase and until next week.......................Smokem