March 21st Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

March 21st Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning and Spring has sprung in North Carolina. To be Spring you would think it could have been a little warmer. Two shoots at LCP last week and and LCP holds their BI50 the 23rd and Durham County Wildlife Club will hold their first shoot of 2016 this Saturday.

I have posted the writeup of the LCP BIG50 below..
Another good attendance this week. We had a total of 11 shooters competing for Top Gun honors this Wednesday at the LCP Big 50. Conditions were a little warm, mid 80’s and we got some interesting targets when the wind picked up. Pat Childers was top gun this week with another 46. Rich Long was runner up taking out 45 targets. Bob Kreiner from Southport was third breaking 42. Three shooters tied for fourth. Mike Anselmo, Frank Harris and Harold Smith all blasted 38. Charlie Bertrand, Larry Dudley, Robert Mizner, Mike Petrone and John Rahilly also competed this week. We had no issues with the targets this week. The trap machine oscillation issue was fixed with a new part installed last Friday. We had very few broken targets this week.
I have posted the link for the LCP newsletter - https://bay169.mail.live.com/mail/ViewO ... n=16539643

The Florida State Shoot is in the books and attendance was up about 5%. I will take a little time to list the NC winners and other basic info. Dennis Taylor won Open SrVet in the Tuesday singles with a 99. Noah Gouge punched himself to the 27 with a 95 and an event win in the Tuesday caps. Fast forward to event 12 and Noah broke his first 100 in doubles for the Open Jr win. In event 13 the Championship Singles Federico Ramirez broke a 199 to win the singles and Harlan Campbell broke the lone 200 for open champ.
The doubles in state champ was Louis Laroche and the open champ was Tosh Dillon and both broke 99's. The caps winner was William Bezubiak with a 97 and the open winner also broke a 97 but was not available at the time of this post.
HOA - state winner was Matt Trammell with a 1248 and non-res winner was Harlan with 1271. HAA - state winner was Lewis Laroche with 389 and non-res winner was Deborah Ohye Neilson with 392. Weather overall was good except for wind and rain on Saturday. Congrats to all the winners and also to Clay Floyd on all his great shooting.

Florida State Shoot - http://rjstuart.com/Trophies/2016/flstate.htm

I got good news that NC State Delegate, NC Hall Of Famer and former ATA President Terry Roush is engaged to be married to the lovely Linda McTurner. I dont have any details on when he popped the question but congrats to you both...

Word off the mountain is that the Cartel is getting some practice in. I heard tell that BamBam and Pitts got worn out by a fellow that hadn't picked up a gun all winter. I cannot confirm the report but I feel like it is accurate.

Looks like the SIEMIANOWSKI's are still in Florida and even though they didnt win anything I know they are having a great time. I didn't realize that Henry's wifes name is Black......

Ok - that is about it and I hope everybody has a great week. I work three days this week and three days next week and then off for a week......then back to the grindstone. Hello to Hap - Lou - Scott and Chase and until next week......................Smokem