April 18th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

April 18th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning to all and I hope you enjoyed this beautiful weather weekend. Folks were out practicing hard for the upcoming shoot at the North Carolina Homegrounds. LCP shot Wednesday and also Saturday and I have the shoot info for the BIG50.

LCP shot their BIG50 Wednesday and Pat Childers lead all shooters with a 42. Rich Long and Mike Petrone both broke 41's with tricky winds in the Low Country. Pat should have the scores for their monthly shoot and I will report on them next week.

I would like to apologize for some bad info I put out last week. I reported that 2 Watauga boys were leading the NC points race. Well looky there Dan Johnson is at the top with a 170 - David Miller at 152 - Jon Miller at 146 and Steve "The Phenom" Watson at 140. Of course those figures will change after this weekend for sure. Thanks for getting me straight.....

The Dogwood starts Thursday and I have included the link for the program and also for the events winners in 2015. Weather looks good with a little wet forecast for Friday. Daytime highs in the mid to high 70's with the weekend looking clear and SUNNY with minimal winds all four days.

Dogwood Program Link - http://www.nctrap.com/16dogwd.pdf

Dogwood 2015 Winners Link - http://www.nctrap.com/15dwood.pdf

Noah Gouge giving back at Watauga

High Tech - recording his students for instant feedback

Information below was provided by Morgan Shaw.This past Sunday. He did the clinic for three of my students and two from their home club in West Jefferson. It was a kids only deal to get his feet wet so to speak. The clinic went real well, he has Elijah (kid in red t shirt) breaking doubles like the King! LOL. More will come, he is wanting to do an adult clinic for our members next. We put the word out to the two Jeff's, but this was all that could take it this time. I was busy coaching our hunter safety team, we won the bid to go to the Hunter safety state tournament again this year. The senior team will represent us this time. That makes three years in a row now! Hope we can bring back a win! Elijah is one of the senior team along with graham Roten, devin Hollars, (junior) Brock Hollars, Daniel Taylor, And Matt Taylor. Morg

Morg sent me some pictures of the Cartel practicing. It looks like Randy "Boone" Jones is coaching this crew and look for them on the leaderboard this week at the Dogwood.

Watauga Boys

Coach Randy "Boone" Jones filling in for Coach Sudd

Some folks are skeered of spiders and snakes and heights and water and close spaces and then there is trap 4 at Watauga. The Widowmaker was the first trap built at Watauga and not sure what year that was. It has a 300 yard rifle range with a shack on the left with orange flags flittering in the breeze. It has a road running through the field and last but not least you can see the person loading targets in the house. But that is all about to change with the Watauga Boys bringing the Widowmaker back to life for all to enjoy - Marty Hill. If you can break a 25 on trap 4 you can break 25 anywhere in the US of A. Steve Watson sent me some pictures to get your mind thinking about the WIDOWMAKER.......

Widowmaker is ready for all takers....

Braintrust plotting and planning....

View from the trap 4 AKA the WIDOWMAKER

Phil Davis sent me a picture of his weather out 14 miles from Butte Montana. He lives in the Highland Mountains 6560 feet and I am sure he is looking for warm and dry weather. In the last 3 days they have had 13 inches of snow and a total since 26 Oct of 100.5.

A look out Phil's window into a Spring Winter Wonderland.....

Ok that is about it for this Smoke Report and I hope to be reporting from the Homegrounds this weekend. Have a great week everybody and hello to Hap, Lou, Scott and Chase and until next week..........................Smokem