May 9th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

May 9th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Another great shooting weekend in North Carolina with 3 shoots in the state. LCP BIG50, Doug House Memorial and the Rockingham Memorial shoot. Two shoots this weekend in NC with Coharie Saturday and Old Hickory at Rocky Mount Sunday.

LCP shot Wednesday and Pat Childers was the top shot amongst 8 shooters. LCP will not have a shoot this Saturday due to some of the crew participating in the South Carolina State Trapshoot May 11th - 15th.

Rockingham held their Memorial shoot Saturday and 18/15/8 stepping to the line to compete. Steve Watson won the singles with a 97, VA shooter Rance Boyd won the caps with a 93 and got a punch, Jeff Galloway won the doubles with a 92 and the HOA with a 275 x 300. I used the ATA website to send out the program for the shoot and I will continue to do it in the future.

Mac Herring has posted the program for the shoot at Coharie this Saturday. Weather is looking good and you can count on a great lunch prepared by Mrs. Herring. If you are planning on going please let him to know to help her prepare for the feast.

Old Hickory at Rocky Mount shoots Sunday and I would imagine that Cupcake will post the program as soon as she gets a spare minute. Old Hickory is a neat place to shoot with three traps and a great clubhouse. If you have never shot there please get it on your list.

The South Carolina State Shoot starts Wednesday and I rode down Friday to get our tents up behind the practice trap (old field 1). The drive was a stop and go nightmare both ways and I took the time to visit with Jim Daughtridge at the Arby's in Belmont. Jim is preparing for a bike trip to Florida that will end up back at a South Carolina bike ralley. Jim still has his Kolar and his Spolar and I hope that he will get back to shooting one day.

I arrived at the club and three shooters were shooting on field one in front of the clubhouse. Jan Slough and two others were fighting the wind and shooting quite well for the conditions. The breeze kept the bugs away as I was putting up the tents. I talked with Buddy Poteat and Bo Adair and Kevin Stephens father and Harry Gable. The club looks great and all that was left was getting the targets loaded into the houses. As I mentioned last week if you were looking for fish Saturday night you might be dissapointed. The fish cooker got destroyed and BBQ will be on your plate with all of the fixins. If you make it to SC please look for us behind the practice trap on the hill.

Jeff Galloway hosted a mini doubles clinic for a few AIM kids Sunday and I am sure they had a great time. Jeff has another clinic planned the 18th of May at the Rockingham Gun Club.

Ok that is about it and I will be posting info from South Carolina Thursday night. Looking forward to seeing everybody and I hope the weather is great all 5 days.....ok I just checked the NOAA weather for the 5 days. Early Wednesday Thursday there is a 30-40% chance of rain but Friday through Sunday looks GREAT.......

Everybody have a great week and hello to Hap, Lou, Scott, Chase and Rance and until next week.....................Smokem.