June 27th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

June 27th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Another beautiful weekend in North Carolina and 4 shoots last week in the TarHeel State. With the July 4th holiday next weekend there is a lot of shooting to be had locally. With the Kentucky and Virginia State shoots we might have a few NC shooters with reports from those venues.

I have shoot reports from the LCP BIG50, Coharie and the Durham County Wildlife Club. LCP’s attendance was down a bit but Harold and Pat posted the top score with 45’s. There next BIG50 is this Wednesday the 29th.

Mac at Coharie had 8/8/5 step to the line with Brad Barnett the singles winner with a 95, Roger Bynum the handicap winner with a 90, Greg High won the doubles with a 95 and Brandon Matthews won the HOA with a 274. Their next registered event is August the 6th so please plan now to attend.

Jeff at Durham County had 22/19/13 show up for a tasty “ribs” lunch and the shooting was great also. James “Jimmy” Wilson won the singles with a 98 one bird better than Dan Johnson. Bill Dudley missed a punch with a 91 to win the caps and James “Jimmy” Wilson won the doubles with a 90 and the HOA with a 269. Jeff reported that the overcast skies made the shooting very interesting. I spent about 2 hours kayaking on the HAW river Saturday and those overcast skies were great for paddling….

Buckhorn shoots this Saturday and Sunday and I will post the program just as soon as Jimmy emails the info. Rockingham shoots a typical 300 target program Saturday and the BIG50 on Sunday starting at 2PM.

The Southern Zone is right around the corner and it will be interesting to see who shows up at the North Carolina Home grounds. This event is a great time to showcase our great shooting facility. Not sure I am going to make it due to my trip to PA the week before. I hope to get a hall pass to make it up there……

Thanks to Facebook I found out that Lillian Smith’s son Ronnie had a stroke at the Old Hickory Gun Club. He spent about 5 days in the ICU and a couple more just trying to find out what caused the stroke. He is back home resting and please keep him in your prayers.

Watauga shot Saturday and I know Tom will get the shoot info posted sometime today. Also thanks to Tom Pitts for the great job on getting the NC State Team points compiled and published.

Have a great week everybody and my next report will be on July 4th….Hello to Lou, Hap, Scott and Chase where are you man? And until next week………………………………………Smokem