July 4th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

July 4th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Happy 4th of July everybody and I hope you have a great day with friends and family. Three trapshooting events last week including LCP’s BIG50, Buckhorn’s 2-day Watermelon shoot and the Rocks events over two days.

LCP had a few visitors for their BIG 50 and it included father and son Ivey. They broke 46’s and I am sure they had a great time. Pat said it was so hot they had to soak their barrels in an ice chest.

No shoot report from the Watermelon shoot and I hope to get that info posted sometime today. Tom Pitts finally got his shoot info up and they had a great turnout 24/14/12. David Miller won the singles with a 99, Crews Walden won the caps with a 96 and Dennis Taylor won the doubles with a 93. David Miller won the HOA and is still the King on the Mountain….

Dan Sumner – John Martin – Bill Norman

Rockingham hosted their Summer shoot Saturday and it was definitely summer weather conditions. John Martin and Tom Brown posted 96’s with John the eventual winner after a 25 bird shoot off. John Martin broke his first 50 birds on trap 1 and a pair of 24’s on trap 2 for a solid 98. Tommy Brown won the doubles with a 91 and John won the HOA with a 272x300.

Sunday the BIG50 was well attended and the weather was overcast and cool with threatening rain. Lane Murray broke 47 and Ronnie Manuel 49 in the singles. They had to shoot caps together and it created a 50 bird shoot off. Lane had to break his last bird to avoid a tie. Wayne “Champ” Banks won the 2nd Lewis for a $48 payout.

VA STATE SHOOT - Addison Callan – Jeff Galloway – Noah Gouge – All 3 NC State Singles Champs

We had some NC shooters at the VA State Shoot and “Trapotron” Addison Callan broke a 198 for the OPEN Singles win. Jeff Galloway had a 195 Saturday and in doubles Sunday morning broke 16x20 on his first two posts and then ran 80 straight for a solid 96. He lost the Open Hi-Gun to Trey Wilburn by one bird. Not sure of any other scores and I hope to get a few more details for the report next week.

LCP shoots the 6th and the Zone is just a few weeks away the 14th through the 17th. Shooters from all over the Southern Zone will converge on the NC Homegrounds for this event. Here is the program link - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/ ... 8pirl.jpeg

Ok that is about it and with all the crazy stuff going on in the world we had better be thankful for a land that is still free. Trapshooting is a great sport with some great people and I would hate for anything to keep us from doing what we enjoy doing. Have a great week and hello to Lou, Hap, Scott (see you Thursday), Chase and John and until next week…………………………….Smokem