August 1st Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

August 1st Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

August is here and the heat is here to stay it looks like. Two shoots last week with the LCP BIG50 and Durham County shot Saturday. Two shoots this week with the LCP BIG50 Wednesday and Coharie shoots Saturday.

I have posted scores from LCP’s monthly shoot, BIG50 and also Durham County posted their shoot info. Thanks to all that post their shoot info and also their shoot scores. If you have pictures, please email them to me and I will post them in your shoot reports.

LCP shot their monthly shoot on the 23rd and John Martin made the trip to post the top score with 10 shooters. It was hot and an attempt was made to shoot caps but the heat ruled the day. On the 27th LCP set a record for shooting in 106 degree weather. Larry Dudley and Pat Childers posted 46’s for the top score but it was a scorcher.

Bill Dudley and John Martin shooting off for the caps in the rain....

Durham County shot Saturday and Dan Johnson won the singles with a 99, long yardage with an 86, doubles with a 98 and HOA with a 283. Looks like he was kicking butt and taking names that included John Miller and Jimmy Wilson…..Bill Dudley and John (cmon back) Martin shot off for handicap higun honors with Bill the eventual winner shooting off in the rain. DCWC had a great turnout with 31/17/8 hitting the line.

ATA Secretary Hunter Galloway made the long ride to Sparta over Saturday and Sunday and he gave me a call Sunday night. It looks like the weather is good with high temps Sunday in the mid 80’s. Hunter will participate in meetings all day Monday and Tuesday, several hours Wednesday and then an hour every morning for the rest of the competition. Jeff is headed up Friday and will begin shooting Saturday. Hunter commented that he got to see Noah Gouge and he had been shooting the AIM competition. Here is the link to the AIM website and I took a look at some of the pictures that were taken and it is great to see the smiling faces of the young men and women with their medals. http://www.aim4ata.com/ I have also included the link to the Grand American program. http://www.shootata.com/Portals/0/pdf/G ... index.html

Throwback picture from CSL

Coharie shoots this weekend and Mac hopes to see you on the line this Saturday. His wife will prepare a delicious lunch for all participants and it looks like about 95 with a real feel of 109 degrees so please hydrate and prepare for the heat.

Ok that is about it for now and I hope everyone has a great week. I will try real hard to get info from the Grand and post it when possible. I have returned back to work for a few weeks at the Sheriff’s Office. That has been interesting and I think they want me to come back full time…..retiree callback status. Hello to Lou, Hap, Scott and Chase and until next week……………………Smokem……