August 8th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

August 8th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning and a soggy start to the week for sure. Preliminary week is over at the Grand and it looks like the big guns have showed up to play. Two shoots last week with LCP’s BIG50 and Coharies shoot Saturday. LCP will hold their Wednesday BIG50 as usual. Buckhorn shoots Saturday and Sunday and the Rock shoots a typical 300 target program Saturday and the BIG50 Sunday.

I have posted the info for LCP and hope to get some feedback from CSL sometime today. Jimmy will have the program for Buckhorn posted and I will promise to get it put up on this site. Not sure just how many went to the Grand but I imagine there are plenty of shooters that stayed home.
I tried to take a look every day at the scores from the Grand but it is tough. I will include the link to the rolling scoreboard and also the link to all of the scores. I took a look today and there were about 40 200’s broke in the singles that carried over from Saturday. I caught a glimpse of the following shooters with scores of 195 or above in the singles in the NRA Singles – Clay Floyd – Noah Gouge – Ted Carwile – Iron Man Bill Howe – Trey Wilburn – Teresa and Randy Knight – John Domas and my buddy Gene Hapney.

The Blaser Handicap was next and I noticed that Jeff Galloway broke a 95 – Bob Goodman 94 – Bob Keever 92 and noticed that Cassie Hammond was at the Grand shooting. I believe there were two 100’s at the top that were broken by short yardage juniors…..In the Wenig Doubles Clay Floyd broke one of the 100’s and Noah Gouge broke a 99 and Jeff broke a 96. I probably missed somebody but hey here are the links….. (Slideshow) http://slideshow.shootata.com/ and Grand American Results - http://www.shootata.com/AboutUs/GrandAm ... sults.aspx That should keep you busy for a while and take a look at the events that accumulate like the singles, doubles and handicap….

From what I am hearing the weather has been great with some rain and some torrential rain at times. Hopefully I will get some feedback from the Grand and Morg Shaw has been keeping me posted on Noah.

I hope everybody has a great week and I am back to work after retiring 4 months ago. Shouldn’t be too many hours but heck I would hate to turn it down. Hello to Lou, Hap, Scott and Chase and until next week…………….Smokem