August 22nd Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

August 22nd Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Another great weekend in North Carolina except for the storm that delayed the Wyndham Sunday afternoon. LCP will publish their newsletter the 26th and we will get everybody caught up when it is available. LCP shoots their BIG50 the 24th and Watauga shoots the 27th. Pitts got the state team points posted but never posted the last Watauga shoot…….something about him going out of town?

Katherine Hines Galloway

Hunter Galloways mother Katherine Hines Galloway passed away Wednesday and the service will be at the First Presbyterian Church at 2PM Monday. I will post the obit info in the finished careers section. Our prayers go out to the family and I hope to attend the service Monday.

Cardinal Center – Pictures provided by Steve Watson…..Thanks

Marty “YoYo” Hill – The YoYo was given to him by Mac Herring…..

I kept an eye on the shoot at the Cardinal and it looks like we had eight NC shooters in Ohio. The Barnett’s, Noah Gouge, Andy Clayton, Marty Hill, Kenny Cox and Steve Watson and not sure who number eight was. Great shooting with our MD Buddy Bernie Warnowicz breaking a 98 in onre of the handicaps. Noah won Junior RU in one of the doubles event with a 99. Clay Floyd gave Harlan a run for his money but fell a little short. Trey Wilburn was RU in the championship with a 200 and not sure how many extra. Looks like attendance was down about 3.7% and no telling exactly why and maybe someone can fill me in.

Watauga Gun Club – on the firing line……

Watauga shoots this Saturday and it looks like perfect weather for shooting. 81 degrees and minimal winds in the valley and you can’t beat that….. Not sure who all will show up but it should be a great crowd. I would imagine Tom will get the program posted but it should be a typical 300 target format.

Dan Johnson informed me that http://www.nctrap.com picked up a bug and was redirecting to a gambling site. Terry was contacted and it should sort itself out completely in the very near future. If you ever have problems accessing either nctrap.com or this site please contact me as soon as possible or Terry Roush.

I just got back from Myrtle Beach and had a great time….. Celebrated my birthday and wedding anniversary and the weather was nice but HUMID…..General consensus from the business folks we talked to is that they think people are holding onto their money due to the upcoming election. Of course the word on social media about the high bacteria count in the water didn’t help either. I hope everybody has a great week……..hello to HAP – Lou – Scott and Chase and until next week…………………Smokem