August 29th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

August 29th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning and I hope you had a great weekend. LCP shot Wednesday and Saturday along with Watauga. Looks like Buckhorn will host a 3-day 1000 target Labor Day shoot extravaganza. The program is posted and thanks Dan Johnson.

Pat Childers got caught up on three weeks of LCP BIG50 reports and I posted them in trapshoot results. He does a great job with his attention to detail with shoot info and pictures of the winning shooters along with the shoot reports. They really put forth an effort to shoot on a weekly basis at LCP even in the heat at the coast.

Watauga shot Saturday and I got some shoot info from Morg Shaw….Looks like Noah and David Miller knotted up with 99’s with Noah winning the shootoff. Will Price won the caps with a 94 and Steve Watson won the first doubles event with a 97. NSR for the second event of doubles and hopefully Tom Pitts will put his mountain spin on the event. Steve Watson reported that a group of Jr’s/SubJr’s showed up to shoot singles and Steve commented that they were great shooters and very polite children….

Happy Birthday to Jeff Galloway with his 31st birthday on the 26th of August. Tough way to spend your birthday week with your grandmother passing. They laid her to rest Saturday in Abingdon VA or Jeff would have shot at Watauga.

The North Carolina Hall Of Fame is just around the corner and will be held the 22nd – 25th of September. The Old Hickory Gun Club hosts a BBQ feast on Friday night and I always enjoy their food and their efforts to provide this meal for all shooters. You should have received a program by now so please send it in to secure your seat at the banquet. It surprises me the number of people that don’t attend the banquet honoring shooters that are being honored and inducted into the NCTA Hall of Fame. I wasn’t shooting when my grandfather was inducted in Boone NC 25 years ago…..The Hall Of Fame shoot was hosted by the Watauga Gun Club that year……I was there along with my nephew Waylon….

Field & Stream is selling Federal and Rio’s around $5.30 a box. The only problem is that they are taking them out of the boxes which is rather inconvenient when buying 50 boxes of shells. A suggestion was made to the manager and hopefully they will save some time stocking the displays.

With the target year coming to an end it is that time of year again to renew your ATA membership. I sure wish I had bought a lifetime membership back in the 60’s it sure would have saved me some money over the years.

That is about it for now and I hope everybody has a great week. I am back working about 25 hours a week at the Sheriff’s Office and that has been interesting. Hello to Lou, Hap, Scott and Chase and until next week………………………………..Smokem……