September 12th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

September 12th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Good morning and another great weather weekend in North Carolina. LCP cancelled their BIG50 due to voice call issues but will shoot this Wednesday the 14th. They will also shoot Saturday the 17th along with the Durham County Wildlife Club.

Coharie shot Saturday and had a good shoot and good scores were broken. Greg High won the singles with a 96 (Marty 95), Marty won the handicap with a 92 and Mac Herring won the doubles with a 90. Marty won the HOA with a 267x300 and outshot Greg High by 6 birds. CSL’s next shoot is October 8th and is their last shoot of 2016.

Rockingham shot Saturday and it wasn’t a huge crowd but good scores were broken at the Rock. Daniel Emory and Steve Morgan knotted up with 98’s in the singles with Daniel the winner. Tommy Brown and Lane Murray tied in the handicap with 94’s and it took a shoot off to decide a winner and that was Lane by one target. Rance Boyd from Virginia led all doubles shooters with a solid 91. Tommy and Rance tied for the HOA with 278’s.

18 shooters stepped to the line Sunday for the RCGC BIG50 Fun Shoot. The club cookout was at 5 so there was a crowd on hand to watch all of the shooting right in front of the clubhouse. We had some brand new shooters and everybody had a great time and we actually paid 4 places. Tommy Brown took top honors, Greg Manuel & Lane took the second lewis, Van Fleming took the 3rd lewis and Fred took the 4th. The cookout was well attend with over 300 people in attendance with food and some amazing desserts.

The North Carolina Hall Of Fame is right around the corner and Bill Howe will be inducted into the NCHOF. 4 days of shooting offering 1000 registered targets in the beautiful mountains of North Carolina. If you haven’t reserved your spot for the banquet Saturday night you need to contact Ken Duncan ASAP. Remember that the Old Hickory Gun Club hosts a BBQ feed Friday night and it is some good eating. They roll out the red carpet and really go out of their way to make the locals and the new visitors feel welcome and FULL.

Ok that is about it for this week and I think I am working harder now that I am retired. Actually I am working at the daycare and back at the Sheriff’s Office 20 hours a week…….But heck at least I am here to enjoy it. Have a great week everybody and hello to Lou, Hap, Scott and Chase and until next week……………………………………………………..Smokem